    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    http://www.karyn.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004

  2. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Gday, anyone remember what the memory limit was for the i810 chipset?
    >
    > I seem to remember it being 1GB(2 slots, 512Mb each)

    I seem to remember it being 512MB but it has been a long time so I could be
    mistaken. It might have been the 815 that had the 512MB limit...

    Andrew

    Andrew Bryson, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Guest Guest

    > Gday, anyone remember what the memory limit was for the i810 chipset?
    >
    > I seem to remember it being 1GB(2 slots, 512Mb each)
    > I just wondered as I have a machine at home thats in need of a bit more
    > ram, and thought it is fairly cheap at present, so I'll load it up.

    Most references I have seen for either the 810 or 810e refer to 512MB.

    Did you have a motherboard reference to Google for a manual?

    Guest, Oct 27, 2004
  4. <text> wrote:
    >>Gday, anyone remember what the memory limit was for the i810 chipset?
    >>I seem to remember it being 1GB(2 slots, 512Mb each)
    >>I just wondered as I have a machine at home thats in need of a bit more
    >>ram, and thought it is fairly cheap at present, so I'll load it up.

    > Most references I have seen for either the 810 or 810e refer to 512MB.
    > Did you have a motherboard reference to Google for a manual?

    oh gee, I must have left the manual in my other pants... :)
    I'll check when I get home, I just wanted to know so I could get it on
    the way home.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > oh gee, I must have left the manual in my other pants... :)
    > I'll check when I get home, I just wanted to know so I could get it on
    > the way home.

    512MB from what I can find, which seems confirmed by playing with a 810
    board here.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 27, 2004
  6. EMB wrote:
    >> oh gee, I must have left the manual in my other pants... :)
    >> I'll check when I get home, I just wanted to know so I could get it on
    >> the way home.

    > 512MB from what I can find, which seems confirmed by playing with a 810
    > board here.

    I assume thats over two sticks, so 256x2

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >>> oh gee, I must have left the manual in my other pants... :)
    >>> I'll check when I get home, I just wanted to know so I could get it
    >>> on the way home.

    >> 512MB from what I can find, which seems confirmed by playing with a
    >> 810 board here.

    > I assume thats over two sticks, so 256x2

    Yep, and it doesn't see a third in the last slot.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 27, 2004
  8. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > EMB wrote:
    >>> oh gee, I must have left the manual in my other pants... :)
    >>> I'll check when I get home, I just wanted to know so I could get it on
    >>> the way home.

    >> 512MB from what I can find, which seems confirmed by playing with a 810
    >> board here.

    > I assume thats over two sticks, so 256x2

    I have vague recollections that the memory restrictions were put in place
    deliberately and that 512MB modules would work on some boards but only if
    you installed only one of them...

    Andrew Bryson
    http://www.bryson.co.nz

    Andrew Bryson, Oct 27, 2004
  9. EMB wrote:

    >>> 512MB from what I can find, which seems confirmed by playing with a
    >>> 810 board here.

    >> I assume thats over two sticks, so 256x2

    > Yep, and it doesn't see a third in the last slot.

    cool, I think I have that sitting around.
    was going to get 2x512 if it supported it, but never mind.

    thanks.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz