    CPU programs to see if it made a difference and none of the other
    cores kicked in. Do you know a way to tell for sure if all 4 cores are
    working fine and running?

    John, Jan 7, 2010

  2. John

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The John Post:
    > I have an I7 860 processor and installed a few desktop gadgets
    > yesterday and everything was fine. The gadgets showed the graphs for
    > the 4 different cores. However, today I boot up my system and it only
    > shows 1 core and not 4. I have since downloaded more gadgets and look
    > in the options and they show 1 core only too. I loaded up some intense
    > CPU programs to see if it made a difference and none of the other
    > cores kicked in. Do you know a way to tell for sure if all 4 cores are
    > working fine and running?

    Download a few more gadgets and then contact Intel.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jan 7, 2010

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 09:09:09 -0800, John <>
    wrote:

    >I have an I7 860 processor and installed a few desktop gadgets
    >yesterday and everything was fine. The gadgets showed the graphs for
    >the 4 different cores. However, today I boot up my system and it only
    >shows 1 core and not 4. I have since downloaded more gadgets and look
    >in the options and they show 1 core only too. I loaded up some intense
    >CPU programs to see if it made a difference and none of the other
    >cores kicked in. Do you know a way to tell for sure if all 4 cores are
    >working fine and running?

    I actually kind of fixed it.

    I went into msconfig and advanced boot options and unchecked the
    number of processors. For some reason all of my gadgets and the task
    manager shows 8 cores instead of 4.

    Does anyone know why?

    John, Jan 7, 2010
  4. John

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The John Post:

    http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

    OldGringo38, Jan 7, 2010
  5. John

    chuckcar Guest

    Alec Lourmier <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:40:50 -0800, John <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I went into msconfig and advanced boot options and unchecked the
    >>number of processors. For some reason all of my gadgets and the task
    >>manager shows 8 cores instead of 4.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know why?

    > Multithreading, it's normal.

    Not for Microsoft it isn't <g>.