    an extension and I can dial out and connect...but.......i can hear them they
    just can not hear me.

    any help would be appreciated
    techy, Jun 1, 2004

  2. techy

    Nortec in MN Guest

    I wouldn't recommend just hanging the BCM open to a public IP. Set up a VPN
    and you will have a secure and working solution.

    "techy" <> wrote in message
    > I have been working on this project for a while now and am fairly

    fried...if

    Nortec in MN, Jun 1, 2004

  3. techy

    Guest Guest

    I have a better idea, post the ip address here and we can all "test" it for
    you ;-)

    Seriously, he's right. There is probably something blocking the UDP
    traffic/ports on one end or the other, or a translation issue. But there
    isn't much point in chasing it down since you current solution is so
    unsecured that you'd be foolish to use it this way. The VPN tunnel will
    solve both problems.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2004
  4. techy

    techy Guest

    "techy" <> wrote in message
    >> you know i have really enjoyed the advice about running my I2050 thru a
    >> VPN

    to the BCM......Just curious why I have been sold an IP client license...and
    VPN is a separate option from Nortel....what is the deal with that....

    by the way I have left the ports open just to make it work before I am going
    to worry about security....

    still need help
    techy, Jun 4, 2004
  5. techy

    Nortec in MN Guest

    "techy" <> wrote in message

    > "techy" <> wrote in message
    > >> you know i have really enjoyed the advice about running my I2050 thru a
    > >> VPN

    > to the BCM......Just curious why I have been sold an IP client

    license...and
    > VPN is a separate option from Nortel....what is the deal with that....

    IP sets can be used locally on the LAN... no need for a VPN. Also, you
    only need a license for IPSec. Set up a PPTP tunnel to the BCM and fire up
    the i2050 and you will be all set - you have everything you need.

    > by the way I have left the ports open just to make it work before I am

    going
    > to worry about security....
    >
    > still need help

    Security should be a primary concern, not secondary. The VPN will make it
    both secure and easier to get this working.
    Nortec in MN, Jun 4, 2004