    down loading a program to clean up my hard drive?
    thank You
    John

    LawnMower, Dec 13, 2004

  2. LawnMower

    Guest

    There are no real risks John as long as you make sure that you make a
    back up copy of any files that you have created yourself and may want
    to use later, things such as photographs, music, documents (word,
    excel, powerpoint or access). Copy them onto another hard disk, and
    then check that they have actually copied properly by trying to open a
    random selection of them. Do not even attempt to re-format your hard
    drive until you have done this.

    , Dec 13, 2004

  3. LawnMower

    LawnMower Guest

    Thank you very much for the info.
    How about down loaded programs? I guess I would probably need to put
    those on a disk too; if I can. Email on AOL would probably have to be
    saved. There's a bunch of windows XP updates that have been installed.
    The more I think about formatting, the more nervous I get about messing
    things up more then im fixing things.

    John

    LawnMower, Dec 13, 2004
  4. LawnMower

    Billh Guest

    You simply need to make sure you have in a place you can get to once you
    format your drive every thing you need to rebuild your Windows setup. The
    list might inclued Drivers, software, settings and passords, pouduct codes,
    data files you have created.

    Billh, Dec 14, 2004