    I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
    replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
    of the program?

    Nomon Damad, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Nomon Damad wrote:
    > I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
    > replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
    > of the program?

    He'll need to know which version, just plain NT4 or server/adv server

    heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
    pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

    I should read up on some history.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Nomon Damad

    EMB Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
    > pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

    Workstation or Server.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jan 17, 2005
  4. EMB wrote:
    >> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
    >> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

    > Workstation or Server.

    thanks, history learned.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Nomon Damad

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:44:12 +1300, EMB wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
    >> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

    > Workstation or Server.

    And Server Enterprise Edition, and also Terminal Server Edition :)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Jan 17, 2005
  6. Nomon Damad

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:45:13 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >EMB wrote:
    >>> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
    >>> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

    >> Workstation or Server.

    >thanks, history learned.

    Probably best to forget it now and free up room in your brain for an
    OS that doesn't suck ass.

    --
    BOINC SETI

    DoggNZ, Jan 17, 2005
  7. On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:52:23 +1300, Nomon Damad <> wrote:

    >I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
    >replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
    >of the program?

    Use your Backup, You did make a backup didn't you...?

    BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Nomon Damad

    steve Guest

    Nomon Damad wrote:

    > I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
    > replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
    > of the program?

    Just get some one to burn you a copy of theirs....and then use the CD-key
    that came with the CD you bought.

    You licensed the software.....not the CD.

    steve, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Nomon Damad wrote:
    > I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
    > replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
    > of the program?

    I'm overseas right now so hard to help out. Your best bet is to call
    Microsoft Services on 0800 800 004 and explain the situation to them
    and see what they can do to help

    Regards
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Jan 17, 2005