    vendors will feel shafted by this, and fall away, leaving just Nokia.

    And then Nokia, too, will be having second thoughts. This deal will just be
    a postponement of its move to Android. Or some other Linux-based OS.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 8, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Another Me Guest

    > And then Nokia, too, will be having second thoughts. This deal will just be
    > a postponement of its move to Android. Or some other Linux-based OS.

    Nokia will never go to Android, and they already have "some other" Linux
    based OS

    Another Me, Mar 8, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 8, 8:53 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > So now we know: Microsoft paid Nokia 1 billion dollars to become the number
    > one supporter of Windows Phone 7

    Yes, it is far more than the $50M Microsoft paid SCO to try and drag
    the arses of Linux using companies through the courts. Oops, Microsoft
    never gave them $50M, but it did guarantee a Canadian loan made to
    SCO, and one would be pretty sure the bank would have called up the
    guarantee some time back. Not to mention the bundle of licences
    Microsoft purchased off SCO which were not needed.

    peterwn, Mar 9, 2011