    ....and is there any legal method by which
    I can foil their dastardly plans?

    John
    John, Dec 8, 2004

  2. John wrote:

    > Having won £3M in the Lottery (As If) I want
    > to give a Million to my son and a million to
    > my daughter,
    >
    > How much will the taxman steal from
    > the afore-mentioned recipients (and me) ?
    >
    > ...and is there any legal method by which
    > I can foil their dastardly plans?
    >
    > John

    I'd pick out somebody at random in Nigeria and have them hold it for you.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 8, 2004

  3. John

    SuperStud Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Having won £3M in the Lottery (As If) I want
    > to give a Million to my son and a million to
    > my daughter,
    >
    > How much will the taxman steal from
    > the afore-mentioned recipients (and me) ?
    >
    > ...and is there any legal method by which
    > I can foil their dastardly plans?
    >
    > John

    You state that you and your kids are in a syndicate. Whahay - Tax free
    winnings!

    <<SS>>
    SuperStud, Dec 8, 2004
  4. John

    ImhoTech Guest

    "Jamco" <> wrote in message
    > Move to Canada, win the money here, in canada, you don't get taxed on
    > winnings.

    But..he'd have to live in CANADA....that would be taxing enough.
    ImhoTech, Dec 8, 2004
  5. John

    Jamco Guest

    Jamco, Dec 8, 2004
  6. John

    WormWood Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Having won £3M in the Lottery (As If) I want
    > to give a Million to my son and a million to
    > my daughter,
    >
    > How much will the taxman steal from
    > the afore-mentioned recipients (and me) ?
    >
    > ...and is there any legal method by which
    > I can foil their dastardly plans?
    >
    > John

    Ask in uk.legal....you may find your answer and better, you stand to
    gain a whole shiteload of new friends.
    WormWood, Dec 8, 2004
  7. On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:49:14 GMT, John
    <> wrote:

    >Having won £3M in the Lottery (As If) I want
    >to give a Million to my son and a million to
    >my daughter,
    >
    >How much will the taxman steal from
    >the afore-mentioned recipients (and me) ?
    >
    >...and is there any legal method by which
    >I can foil their dastardly plans?

    You obviously live in the wrong country!! No tax on lottery winnings
    here!!

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!
    Aussie Bomber, Dec 8, 2004
  8. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:27:16 +1100, Aussie Bomber
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:49:14 GMT, John
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Having won £3M in the Lottery (As If) I want
    >>to give a Million to my son and a million to
    >>my daughter,
    >>
    >>How much will the taxman steal from
    >>the afore-mentioned recipients (and me) ?
    >>
    >>...and is there any legal method by which
    >>I can foil their dastardly plans?

    >You obviously live in the wrong country!! No tax on lottery winnings
    >here!!

    In 1965 I had the opportunity to transfer from the RN to the RAN
    but failed to take advantage.

    During the past decade I have sorely regretted that mistake.

    I've a little side bet with a couple of mates that here in the UK we
    will one day be taxed for farting. The remainder of my friends
    ruefully agree that it's only a matter of time.

    Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    John.
    John, Dec 9, 2004