    appease in-country distribution channels. The end result is they may
    offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011

  2. "RichA" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum. Amazon on the other
    > hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    > They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    > disregard for the principal of free trade agreements. They do this to
    > appease in-country distribution channels. The end result is they may
    > offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    > hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    I have no problem buying electronics from China these days. Fantastic
    range of goods, cheaper and likely better quality. Example: FPGA
    programmers for ~US $10.

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 5, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 2:53 pm, "David J Taylor" <david-
    > wrote:
    > "RichA" <> wrote in message

    > > When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum.  Amazon on the other
    > > hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    > > They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    > > disregard for the principal of free trade agreements.  They do this to
    > > appease in-country distribution channels.  The end result is they may
    > > offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    > > hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    > I have no problem buying electronics from China these days.  Fantastic
    > range of goods, cheaper and likely better quality.  Example: FPGA
    > programmers for ~US $10.
    >
    > David

    That's amazing. I remember when they cost $200+.

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 5, 3:44 pm, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:57:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum.  Amazon on the other
    > >hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    > >They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    > >disregard for the principal of free trade agreements.  They do this to
    > >appease in-country distribution channels.  The end result is they may
    > >offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    > >hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    > The restrictions imposed on what Amazon can sell where are imposed by
    > the manufacturer, not Amazon. But I am sure you knew that already.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    Rubbish. I can order from MANY other legitimate America
    representatives of manufacturers. B&H, Adorama, etc. Two examples.
    Amazon is LYING if that is their excuse.

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  5. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2011 4:02 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 3:44 pm, Eric Stevens<> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:57:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum. Amazon on the other
    >>> hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    >>> They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    >>> disregard for the principal of free trade agreements. They do this to
    >>> appease in-country distribution channels. The end result is they may
    >>> offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    >>> hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    >> The restrictions imposed on what Amazon can sell where are imposed by
    >> the manufacturer, not Amazon. But I am sure you knew that already.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Eric Stevens

    > Rubbish. I can order from MANY other legitimate America
    > representatives of manufacturers. B&H, Adorama, etc. Two examples.
    > Amazon is LYING if that is their excuse.

    I can remember you bitching about B&H pricing to Canada. You can't even
    remember your own statement.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2011
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 6, 12:37 am, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/5/2011 4:02 PM, RichA wrote:
    >

    > > On Oct 5, 3:44 pm, Eric Stevens<>  wrote:

    > >> The restrictions imposed on what Amazon can sell where are imposed by
    > >> the manufacturer, not Amazon. But I am sure you knew that already.

    > >> Regards,

    > >> Eric Stevens

    > > Rubbish.  I can order from MANY other legitimate America
    > > representatives of manufacturers.  B&H, Adorama, etc.  Two examples..
    > > Amazon is LYING if that is their excuse.

    > I can remember you bitching about B&H pricing to Canada. You can't even
    > remember your own statement.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    That had to do with things like charging $30 shipping on a 3 oz item,
    not whether or not they would sell it out of country.
    But they aren't the only ones who do that. Side issue; If the U.S.
    post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden morass, it
    would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's does
    and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    destination for cross-border shipping.

    RichA, Oct 6, 2011
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/6/2011 8:38 AM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 12:37 am, PeterN<> wrote:

    >>> Rubbish. I can order from MANY other legitimate America
    >>> representatives of manufacturers. B&H, Adorama, etc. Two examples.
    >>> Amazon is LYING if that is their excuse.

    >> I can remember you bitching about B&H pricing to Canada. You can't even
    >> remember your own statement.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > That had to do with things like charging $30 shipping on a 3 oz item,
    > not whether or not they would sell it out of country.
    > But they aren't the only ones who do that. Side issue; If the U.S.
    > post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden morass, it
    > would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's does
    > and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    > certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    > destination for cross-border shipping.

    So now you want to run the USPS. What a talented man you are. Let's see.
    You would run:
    Fuji
    USPS
    Amazon
    Kodak
    Canon
    Dpreview

    At this time most would be happy just to be employed by any of them. You
    want to run, or be senior management with all of them.

    Please state your precise qualifications. This is about my fifth or
    sixth request.
    Or, are you so busy trying to convince them that you should take them over.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2011
  8. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Oct 5, 8:44 pm, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:57:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum.  Amazon on the other
    > >hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    > >They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    > >disregard for the principal of free trade agreements.  They do this to
    > >appease in-country distribution channels.  The end result is they may
    > >offer the same product in other countries on their other sites, but at
    > >hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    > The restrictions imposed on what Amazon can sell where are imposed by
    > the manufacturer, not Amazon. But I am sure you knew that already.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    I think it's more complicated than that for some items.
    I tried to order some peizo sounders for a student project from the
    US
    but the company wouldn't ship to certain counties due to COSH
    i.e the product contained chemicals that the UK wouldn't import.

    This is NOT the companies fault

    http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G14378.

    Due to ROHS directives, we only ship to the following countries:
    Australia
    Brazil
    Canada
    Hong Kong
    Japan
    Mexico
    New Zealand
    South Africa
    United States (including U.S. protectorates)
    Please do not email or ask us to ship to a country not listed above.
    Sorry, there are no exceptions.

    Whisky-dave, Oct 7, 2011
  9. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:38:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : If the U.S. post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden
    : morass, it would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's
    : does and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    : certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    : destination for cross-border shipping.

    It might not work as well as you imagine. The U.S. has tough laws against
    using the mails to defraud, but those laws don't apply to private carriers.
    So most scammers, phony charities, and other shady characters use private
    carriers only. The Postal Service can't get that business, no matter how
    hard they try.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2011
  10. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/7/2011 11:00 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:38:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA<> wrote:
    > : If the U.S. post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden
    > : morass, it would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's
    > : does and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    > : certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    > : destination for cross-border shipping.
    >
    > It might not work as well as you imagine. The U.S. has tough laws against
    > using the mails to defraud, but those laws don't apply to private carriers.
    > So most scammers, phony charities, and other shady characters use private
    > carriers only. The Postal Service can't get that business, no matter how
    > hard they try.
    >
    > Bob

    Uhm!
    Read 13 usc 1341

    Mail fraud also applies to private interstate carriers. It would not
    apply to instate delivery carriers.

    <http://trac.syr.edu/laws/18/18USC01341.html>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 7, 2011
  11. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:30:59 -0400, PeterN <>
    wrote:
    : On 10/7/2011 11:00 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    : > On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:38:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA<> wrote:
    : > : If the U.S. post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden
    : > : morass, it would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's
    : > : does and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    : > : certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    : > : destination for cross-border shipping.
    : >
    : > It might not work as well as you imagine. The U.S. has tough laws against
    : > using the mails to defraud, but those laws don't apply to private carriers.
    : > So most scammers, phony charities, and other shady characters use private
    : > carriers only. The Postal Service can't get that business, no matter how
    : > hard they try.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : Uhm!
    : Read 13 usc 1341
    :
    : Mail fraud also applies to private interstate carriers. It would not
    : apply to instate delivery carriers.

    I'll take your word for that, since I know you're a lawyer (unlike most of the
    jackasses who dispense legal advice on the Internet).

    In our town we get a lot of phone calls from legitimate-sounding charities
    asking for contributions. The way you can identify the phonies is that they
    won't give you an address to which to send a check. Instead, they tell you
    they'll send someone around to pick it up. If you say you're not going to be
    home, they tell you to put the check in an envelope and tape it to your front
    door.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2011
  12. RichA

    Irwell Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:59:26 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

    > On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:30:59 -0400, PeterN <>
    > wrote:
    >: On 10/7/2011 11:00 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    >:> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:38:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA<> wrote:
    >:> : If the U.S. post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden
    >:> : morass, it would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's
    >:> : does and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    >:> : certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    >:> : destination for cross-border shipping.
    >:>
    >:> It might not work as well as you imagine. The U.S. has tough laws against
    >:> using the mails to defraud, but those laws don't apply to private carriers.
    >:> So most scammers, phony charities, and other shady characters use private
    >:> carriers only. The Postal Service can't get that business, no matter how
    >:> hard they try.
    >:>
    >:> Bob
    >:
    >: Uhm!
    >: Read 13 usc 1341
    >:
    >: Mail fraud also applies to private interstate carriers. It would not
    >: apply to instate delivery carriers.
    >
    > I'll take your word for that, since I know you're a lawyer (unlike most of the
    > jackasses who dispense legal advice on the Internet).
    >
    > In our town we get a lot of phone calls from legitimate-sounding charities
    > asking for contributions. The way you can identify the phonies is that they
    > won't give you an address to which to send a check. Instead, they tell you
    > they'll send someone around to pick it up. If you say you're not going to be
    > home, they tell you to put the check in an envelope and tape it to your front
    > door.
    >
    > Bob

    I asked one for his phone number, he said they can't take incoming
    calls.

    Irwell, Oct 8, 2011
  13. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/7/2011 5:59 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:30:59 -0400, PeterN<>
    > wrote:
    > : On 10/7/2011 11:00 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > :> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 05:38:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA<> wrote:
    > :> : If the U.S. post office wanted to pull itself out of it's debt-ridden
    > :> : morass, it would start competing with the couriers in a big way. Canada's
    > :> : does and they make money as a private corporation. Plus, it would end
    > :> : certain disgusting courier scams like charging brokerage fees at the
    > :> : destination for cross-border shipping.
    > :>
    > :> It might not work as well as you imagine. The U.S. has tough laws against
    > :> using the mails to defraud, but those laws don't apply to private carriers.
    > :> So most scammers, phony charities, and other shady characters use private
    > :> carriers only. The Postal Service can't get that business, no matter how
    > :> hard they try.
    > :>
    > :> Bob
    > :
    > : Uhm!
    > : Read 13 usc 1341
    > :
    > : Mail fraud also applies to private interstate carriers. It would not
    > : apply to instate delivery carriers.
    >
    > I'll take your word for that, since I know you're a lawyer (unlike most of the
    > jackasses who dispense legal advice on the Internet).
    >
    > In our town we get a lot of phone calls from legitimate-sounding charities
    > asking for contributions. The way you can identify the phonies is that they
    > won't give you an address to which to send a check. Instead, they tell you
    > they'll send someone around to pick it up. If you say you're not going to be
    > home, they tell you to put the check in an envelope and tape it to your front
    > door.

    IRS publishes a list of all qualified organizations.

    <http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/>

    You may also verify the information with the Secretary of State in your
    State. The hucksters take advantage of people who are too lazy, or
    trusting to check.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 9, 2011
  14. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum. Amazon on the other
    >hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    >They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    >disregard for the principal of free trade agreements. They do this to
    >appease in-country distribution channels.

    So you're a communist who has inside access to corporate marketing
    decisions.

    > The end result is they may

    Kook

    Ray Fischer, Oct 9, 2011
  15. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/9/2011 1:32 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
    > David J Taylor wrote:
    >> "RichA"<> wrote in message
    >>> When it comes to distribution, they aren't scum. Amazon on the other
    >>> hand, operates like an EU economy or something out of the 1970's.
    >>> They refuse to ship electronics outside the U.S. in a blatant
    >>> disregard for the principal of free trade agreements. They do this
    >>> to appease in-country distribution channels. The end result is they
    >>> may offer the same product in other countries on their other sites,
    >>> but at hugely inflated prices that do not reflect currency values.

    >> I have no problem buying electronics from China these days. Fantastic
    >> range of goods, cheaper and likely better quality. Example: FPGA
    >> programmers for ~US $10.

    > That's been my experience with Chinese sellers on eBay. Shipping to the U.S.
    > is not lightning fast (I suspect nearly all of the delay is at the U.S. end,
    > customs), sometimes slower than others, but prices are great, quality is
    > good, and the several sellers I've bought from have been scrupulously
    > honest.
    >
    > I buy all of my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical in California. The glasses are
    > made in China and shipped back to Zenni who mails them to me. Generally get
    > 'em in less than two weeks from the time of my online order. Quality is
    > fine, and prices are ridiculously low compared to any local optician.
    >
    > You just can't beat China for some of these things.

    I happily pay a local optician for his ability to measure my varifocals.
    I have heard horror stories about varifocals not working, but mine were
    fine from day one.
    With some glasses cheaper does work. However, I am willing to pay a few
    bucks to help keep the small guy in business. If China decides to raise
    prices after all the small guys are out of business, we will be in
    deeper crap than now.
    IMHO those who buy strictly on price are being short sighted.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 9, 2011
  16. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Oct 9, 7:06 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/9/2011 1:32 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
    >

    > > David J Taylor wrote:
    > >> "RichA"<>  wrote in message

    > >> I have no problem buying electronics from China these days.  Fantastic
    > >> range of goods, cheaper and likely better quality.  Example: FPGA
    > >> programmers for ~US $10.

    > > That's been my experience with Chinese sellers on eBay. Shipping to theU.S.
    > > is not lightning fast (I suspect nearly all of the delay is at the U.S.end,
    > > customs), sometimes slower than others, but prices are great, quality is
    > > good, and the several sellers I've bought from have been scrupulously
    > > honest.

    > > I buy all of my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical in California. The glasses are
    > > made in China and shipped back to Zenni who mails them to me. Generallyget
    > > 'em in less than two weeks from the time of my online order. Quality is
    > > fine, and prices are ridiculously low compared to any local optician.

    > > You just can't beat China for some of these things.

    > I happily pay a local optician for his ability to measure my varifocals.
    > I have heard horror stories about varifocals not working, but mine were
    > fine from day one.
    > With some glasses cheaper does work. However, I am willing to pay a few
    > bucks to help keep the small guy in business. If China decides to raise
    > prices after all the small guys are out of business, we will be in
    > deeper crap than now.
    > IMHO those who buy strictly on price are being short sighted.

    Was that 'pun' intended ?

    Whisky-dave, Oct 10, 2011
  17. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/10/2011 1:41 AM, Neil Harrington wrote:
    > PeterN wrote:

    >>> That's been my experience with Chinese sellers on eBay. Shipping to
    >>> the U.S. is not lightning fast (I suspect nearly all of the delay is
    >>> at the U.S. end, customs), sometimes slower than others, but prices
    >>> are great, quality is good, and the several sellers I've bought from
    >>> have been scrupulously honest.
    >>>
    >>> I buy all of my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical in California. The
    >>> glasses are made in China and shipped back to Zenni who mails them
    >>> to me. Generally get 'em in less than two weeks from the time of my
    >>> online order. Quality is fine, and prices are ridiculously low
    >>> compared to any local optician. You just can't beat China for some of
    >>> these things.
    >>>

    >> I happily pay a local optician for his ability to measure my
    >> varifocals. I have heard horror stories about varifocals not working,

    > Uh, "varifocals"? What are they? What does he measure?

    Think of it as bifocals without lines, where depending on where my eye
    looks through the glasses, I can were the same pair for distance,
    reading and computer work. These of course must be properly fitted and
    are not at all cheap.

    >> but mine were fine from day one.
    >> With some glasses cheaper does work. However, I am willing to pay a
    >> few bucks to help keep the small guy in business.

    > I did exactly that for decades -- an optician just down the street from me,
    > working alone in his small store. He did good work, but never had the
    > glasses ready on time. When I would call him to see if the glasses were
    > ready yet, calling when he had said they'd be ready, they weren't. The main
    > problem apparently was his one-man operation. When customers came in to ask
    > about glasses, try them on, etc., he'd have to stop working on whatever
    > glasses he was assembling. Then there were phone calls interrupting his
    > work, some of them from me of course. Once he told me, "They'd probably be
    > ready if you didn't keep calling." I pointed out that I only called at a
    > time he had told me they'd be ready.
    >
    > And so on. Once I discovered Zenni Optical, all that was over with -- and
    > prices were so low I could buy lots more pairs of glasses, trying different
    > styles etc.
    >
    >> If China decides to
    >> raise prices after all the small guys are out of business, we will be
    >> in deeper crap than now.

    > They would have to raise prices by a pretty steep multiple for that to make
    > any difference to me. And don't forget Zenni is in competition themselves
    > with *other* Chinese eyeglass makers. Their prices will always be
    > competitive.
    >
    >> IMHO those who buy strictly on price are being short sighted.

    > Not "strictly on price," but price, quality, choices and service all
    > together.

    I am only too happy to pay more, provided I get better quality and service.
    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 12, 2011
  18. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/10/2011 8:23 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 7:06 pm, PeterN<> wrote:

    >>> That's been my experience with Chinese sellers on eBay. Shipping to the U.S.
    >>> is not lightning fast (I suspect nearly all of the delay is at the U.S. end,
    >>> customs), sometimes slower than others, but prices are great, quality is
    >>> good, and the several sellers I've bought from have been scrupulously
    >>> honest.

    >>> I buy all of my eyeglasses from Zenni Optical in California. The glasses are
    >>> made in China and shipped back to Zenni who mails them to me. Generally get
    >>> 'em in less than two weeks from the time of my online order. Quality is
    >>> fine, and prices are ridiculously low compared to any local optician.

    >>> You just can't beat China for some of these things.

    >> I happily pay a local optician for his ability to measure my varifocals.
    >> I have heard horror stories about varifocals not working, but mine were
    >> fine from day one.
    >> With some glasses cheaper does work. However, I am willing to pay a few
    >> bucks to help keep the small guy in business. If China decides to raise
    >> prices after all the small guys are out of business, we will be in
    >> deeper crap than now.
    >> IMHO those who buy strictly on price are being short sighted.

    > Was that 'pun' intended ?

    No

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 12, 2011
  19. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/12/2011 6:29 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
    > PeterN wrote:

    >>> Uh, "varifocals"? What are they? What does he measure?

    >> Think of it as bifocals without lines, where depending on where my eye

    > Yes, I realized later that you meant progressive lenses and mentioned that
    > in my next reply.
    >
    >> looks through the glasses, I can were the same pair for distance,
    >> reading and computer work. These of course must be properly fitted and
    >> are not at all cheap.

    > Any lenses must be properly fitted, but this is mainly a matter of setting
    > the interpupillary distance and the height of the bifocal (or progressive)
    > portion. This is not really complicated, even with progressives.
    >
    > Nor are progressives necessarily much more expensive than bifocals, with
    > modern lens manufacturing techniques. The price difference *you* pay at your
    > oculist's does not reflect actual manufacturing costs. At many large optical
    > departments (e.g., the one attached to my ophthamologists' offices) the work
    > isn't even done in their place, but is sent out to a lab. They only do the
    > measurement and fitting.

    >>> I did exactly that for decades -- an optician just down the street
    >>> from me, working alone in his small store. He did good work, but
    >>> never had the glasses ready on time. When I would call him to see if
    >>> the glasses were ready yet, calling when he had said they'd be
    >>> ready, they weren't. The main problem apparently was his one-man
    >>> operation. When customers came in to ask about glasses, try them on,
    >>> etc., he'd have to stop working on whatever glasses he was
    >>> assembling. Then there were phone calls interrupting his work, some
    >>> of them from me of course. Once he told me, "They'd probably be
    >>> ready if you didn't keep calling." I pointed out that I only called
    >>> at a time he had told me they'd be ready. And so on. Once I discovered
    >>> Zenni Optical, all that was over with
    >>> -- and prices were so low I could buy lots more pairs of glasses,
    >>> trying different styles etc.

    >>> They would have to raise prices by a pretty steep multiple for that
    >>> to make any difference to me. And don't forget Zenni is in
    >>> competition themselves with *other* Chinese eyeglass makers. Their
    >>> prices will always be competitive.

    >>> Not "strictly on price," but price, quality, choices and service all
    >>> together.
    >>>

    >> I am only too happy to pay more, provided I get better quality and
    >> service.

    > Your oculist is even happier that you buy locally, to be sure.

    True.
    And I should mention that I used to play a lot of golf with his father.
    However he is highly competent. I don't mind pay a little more for my
    piece of mind.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 15, 2011