    Got Raid-1 ON A NOTEBOOK!!

    Any Sugguestions I should know about 64-bit, before hitting the on button?

    Tim.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Does the vendor supply x64 preinstalled? If not, ask why not. Some of
    their drivers may not be 64-bit and that would be a problem.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >I am going 64 bit with a
    > Alienware MJ-12 m7700i
    > The most powerful intel-based notebook by alienware.
    > with a Intel® Pentium® 4 670 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.8GHz
    > (EM64T)
    > and a Intel® 915P PCI-Express Chipset
    > and 256MB NVidia® QuadroT FX Go 1400 with 64-bit drivers
    > Got Raid-1 ON A NOTEBOOK!!
    >
    > Any Sugguestions I should know about 64-bit, before hitting the on button?
    >
    > Tim.

    Sorry to hear it.

    The P4 EM64t is still hobbled to a 400MHz Northbridge chipset for I/O from
    RAM to Proc.
    It does not have an On die memory controller.
    It does not have Direct Connect Architecture.
    It does not support the Hypertransport protocol.

    You get a P4 with all the old bottlenecks still intact.

    Should have gone AMD.

    You lose.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 17, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=

    PJB Guest

    I have an Asus A6 64 bit Turion notebook. Not as fast as my Dual Processor
    Opteron but it is fully 64 bit driver compatible with the OEM version of XP
    Pro x64.

    Now that impresses me more than an Intel P4.

    Peter Banks
    NZ.

    PJB, Nov 17, 2005