    How do I do this?

    Thanks,

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    Otter Guest

    In news:,
    Heidi Manway <> typed:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?

    Any idea how big that email might be?

    Otter, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

    > In news:,
    > Heidi Manway <> typed:
    >> x-no-archive:yes
    >>
    >> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >>
    >> How do I do this?

    > Any idea how big that email might be?

    A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Heidi Manway

    Otter Guest

    In news:p-meatplow.local,
    Meat Plow <> typed:
    > On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Heidi Manway <> typed:
    >>> x-no-archive:yes
    >>>
    >>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in
    >>> Email?
    >>>
    >>> How do I do this?

    >> Any idea how big that email might be?

    > A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    Is that what she's using?

    Otter, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.

    Wouldn't recommend e-mailing them. :)

    Evan Platt, Feb 3, 2007
  6. Heidi Manway

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    > I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.
    >
    > Wouldn't recommend e-mailing them. :)

    Heh - agreed. In fact, I recently had one that I printed to PDF instead.
    Acrobat can run slideshows too, but the file size was reduced by over 75%.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 3, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    Kheehua Hung Guest

    Re: I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Musicin Email?

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > On Feb 3, 3:28 am, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    >> Heidi Manway wrote:
    >>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >>> How do I do this?

    >> It would depend on the capabilities of your recipient to play what you
    >> send.
    >>
    >> If you were going to send a powerpoint presentation, your recipient
    >> would have to have the capabilities of playing .pps files, which means
    >> that you would have to know the recipient's configuration or give a set
    >> of instructions for downloading a powerpoint player and using it.
    >>
    >> If you are going to give a set of instructions for downloading and
    >> using, you could also give a set of instructions for using IrfanView's
    >> slideshow function which has the capabilities of using mp3 background
    >> music as well as being able to create a standalone .exe or .scr file for
    >> you to send to the recipient
    >>
    >> Alternatively, you could avoid the emailing function of the large
    >> multimedia files and email a link to a file transfer system as well as
    >> emailing the above instructions.
    >>
    >> And you are still accessing this newsgroup by using/abusing a known
    >> abused proxy which is listed in multiple spam blocklist databases for
    >> hitting spamtraps and looking like a proxy/trojan, specifically CBL and
    >> associated lists such as SBL-XBL & DNSBL.NET.AU.
    >>
    >> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=64.20.38.74
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    > I think the best alternative way to do a slideshow of still pictures
    > with background music or even no music would some sort of website and
    > password to link too and place that in the email?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Heidi

    Good idea. I have used Mozilla suite Composer to create presentations
    and it fit into 1 floppy diskette. (Html files are small, midi files are
    small)

    And best of all, most computer have a web browser to view it.

    Hung

    Kheehua Hung, Feb 3, 2007
  8. Heidi Manway

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:20:54 -0800, Evan Platt Has Frothed:

    > On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    > I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.

    I've seen 15 megs powerpoints, I've seen 1 meg powerpoints, what the ****
    is your point? That there are larger powerpoints than a couple megs?

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 3, 2007
  9. Heidi Manway

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:00:04 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

    > In news:p-meatplow.local,
    > Meat Plow <> typed:
    >> On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:
    >>
    >>> In news:,
    >>> Heidi Manway <> typed:

    >>> Any idea how big that email might be?

    >> A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    > Is that what she's using?

    She didn't say. I took it as she wanted a suggestion to make the slide
    show as well as email it.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 3, 2007
  10. Heidi Manway

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Feb 3, 2007
  11. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    Heidi Manway, Feb 3, 2007
  12. Heidi Manway

    Mike Easter Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Heidi Manway wrote:

    >>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in
    >>> Email? How do I do this?

    >> It would depend on the capabilities of your recipient to play what
    >> you send.

    > I think the best alternative way to do a slideshow of still pictures
    > with background music or even no music would some sort of website and
    > password to link too and place that in the email?

    Do you mean that you have a website that you control which website's
    webserver would be serving up the pictures? Or do you mean that you
    would use a file transfer website to transfer a file to the recipient
    and the recipient's machine would be serving up the pictures?

    If the latter of the two above, then the issue would come down to how to
    make the file which would hold and 'feed' the pictures in the show and
    we are back to your needing a program which can make a slideshow, such
    as MS's PowerPoint or OpenOffice's Impress for which your recipient
    would need a player/viewer, either MS's or OO's. Or if you weren't
    doing it powerpoint style, you could do it IrfanView style, but the
    recipient would need the IrfanView viewer installed.

    If the former of the two above, then you need the website and to
    construct the webpage and some kind of webpage slideshow gizmo and the
    'recipient' still needs to have the gizmo viewer installed.

    Something needs to build the presentation; something needs to display
    the presentation.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 3, 2007
  13. Heidi Manway

    Mike Easter Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:

    > I think the best alternative way to do a slideshow of still pictures
    > with background music or even no music would some sort of website and
    > password to link too and place that in the email?
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Check this out http://www99.rockyou.com/?type > enable javascript >
    http://www99.rockyou.com/slideshow-create.php Add Photos From

    http://www99.rockyou.com/help/
    Is this free?
    How do I make a slideshow?
    Do I need an account?
    How many photos can I upload?
    How many slideshows can I have?
    How long will my slideshow be saved?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 3, 2007
  14. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    On Feb 3, 2:28 pm, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    > Heidi Manway wrote:
    > > I think the best alternative way to do a slideshow of still pictures
    > > with background music or even no music would some sort of website and
    > > password to link too and place that in the email?

    > > Any ideas?

    > Check this out http://www99.rockyou.com/?type > enable javascript >http://www99.rockyou.com/slideshow-create.php Add Photos From
    >
    > http://www99.rockyou.com/help/
    > Is this free?
    > How do I make a slideshow?
    > Do I need an account?
    > How many photos can I upload?
    > How many slideshows can I have?
    > How long will my slideshow be saved?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks Mike,

    For that website its very good, much appreciated.

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Feb 4, 2007
  15. Heidi Manway

    king marsh Guest

    On Feb 3, 8:22 am, "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    First, you have to make sure that
    1. The file size of your PowerPoint file does not go beyond the
    remaining space of the recipent' inbox. If it does, chances are that
    the mail will be failed.
    2. Your recipent has the full version of PowerPoint or PowerPoint
    Viewer installed on the computer.
    3. The version compatibilty. Make sure your recipent has the correct
    version of PowerPoint or PowerPoint Viewer to play your PowerPoint
    correctly.

    For the music
    Is the music in WAV format? If it is, it is probably embeded in
    PowerpPoint. You just send the PowerPoint file.
    If it is not WAV, you should place the music and the powerpoint in a
    same folder, reinsert the music and then sent the whole folder.

    So, you can see some limitations of sending a big complicated
    powerpoint via mail. Sometimes, you can try this alternative
    Convert the powerpoint to flash, then sent the flash slideshow via
    mail.

    1. convert powerpoint to flash ----- reduce file size by 90%
    2. play the converted flash slideshow ----- a web brower
    3. version compatibility ------ easier

    And you need a powerpoint to flash converter like PPT2Flash Standard
    at
    http://www.sameshow.com/powerpoint-to-flash.php?sid=5

    How to use it from
    http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1514

    Free Trial from
    http://www.sameshow.com/download/ppt2flash-download.php?sid=5

    king marsh, Feb 5, 2007
  16. Heidi Manway

    Bob Guest

    On Feb 3, 8:22 am, "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send aSlideshowof Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    You can try the DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful and very
    popular now , i like it very much. It's very easy to create a
    customized DVD slide show with photos and videos, and i can add
    music, transitions, motion effects and make beautiful DVD menus.Also,
    i can create slideshows on iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones, etc.

    you can get it here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.php?sid=8
    and a specific tutorial is here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2170

    Bob, Feb 5, 2007
  17. Heidi Manway

    kena Guest

    On Feb 3, 8:22 am, "Heidi Manway" <> wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send a Slideshowof Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    Hi Heidi, I use Flash SlideShow Builder to create picture slideshows
    and share with my friends. Hope it will help you, too.
    http://www.flash-slide-show.com/index.php?sid=3

    A. Import pictures from your digital camera or pc;
    B. Edit the picture with some basic tool if it's needed;
    C. Decorate each picture with animated text captions, sound clips and
    hyper links, etc;
    D. Apply photo transitions and ken burn effects (pan & zoom);
    E. Choose a pre-designed theme templates and add background music;
    F. Publish - send via E-mail.

    ---- Color your digital life ---
    Complete Solutions for You Picture Slideshow
    http://flashslideshow.blogspot.com

    kena, Feb 6, 2007
  18. Heidi Manway

    ProfGene Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    The best way would be a Powerpoint presentation but you could also do it
    by making an MPEG file using a video editing program. There are other
    programs similar to Powerpoint that I have seen and in fact there was a
    free one that was one of the tools for webpage building but that was a
    few years ago and I can't think of the name. It might have been on Yahoo
    or maybe Lycos. I think Powerpoint would use fewer megs.

    ProfGene, Feb 14, 2007
  19. Heidi Manway

    Guest

    On 2 fév, 20:00, "Otter" <> wrote:
    > Innews:p-meatplow.local,
    > Meat Plow <> typed:
    >
    > > On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

    > >> Innews:,
    > >> Heidi Manway <> typed:

    > >> Any idea how big that email might be?

    > > A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

    > Is that what she's using?

    Use Flash Slidewhow Maker, it's a litte software you install on your
    computer, and that host your slide, so that you only have to send a
    link to the slide!! It's great, and it''s free.

    , Feb 20, 2007
  20. Heidi Manway

    ProfGene Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidi

    The best way would be to use Powerpoint which is a Microsoft application.

    ProfGene, Mar 17, 2007