    see the results. And I want vertical pics to display as vertical. What
    software can you suggest, and what type of cable would exist between the
    camera and the computer (usb, I'm guessing)?

    HB, Apr 18, 2006

  2. HB

    k-man Guest

    > I am using a Nikon D70 in an amateur studio environment with a black
    > backdrop and a softbox for lighting. I am tired of thinking the lighting
    > is good on the lousy LCD screen on the camera, taking 100 pics, and then
    > later seeing them on a computer only to realize that the black curtain
    > folds were visible and other lighting problems existed. So, I want to
    > start having the images appear directly on a laptop while I'm taking them
    > so I can see the results. And I want vertical pics to display as
    > vertical. What software can you suggest, and what type of cable would
    > exist between the camera and the computer (usb, I'm guessing)?

    Nikon Capture. I shoot with a D70s and Capture works well. What's
    cool about it is not only can you control the camera but you can access
    other features not directly available on the camera, such as time lapse
    and other functions. The D70 and D70s use a USB interface between the
    camera and computer. You might be able to buy bluetooth adapters. I
    can't recall if verticals are displayed vertically.

    Kevin

    k-man, Apr 18, 2006

  3. HB

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:44:19 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "HB"
    <> wrote:

    >I am using a Nikon D70 in an amateur studio environment with a black
    >backdrop and a softbox for lighting. I am tired of thinking the lighting
    >is good on the lousy LCD screen on the camera, taking 100 pics, and then
    >later seeing them on a computer only to realize that the black curtain folds
    >were visible and other lighting problems existed. So, I want to start
    >having the images appear directly on a laptop while I'm taking them so I can
    >see the results. And I want vertical pics to display as vertical. What
    >software can you suggest, and what type of cable would exist between the
    >camera and the computer (usb, I'm guessing)?

    Nikon Capture and the usb cable that came with the camera. Remember as
    the D70 us only USB1.1 the transfer isn't "instantaneous."

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Apr 18, 2006
  4. HB

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "HB" <> writes:
    > I am using a Nikon D70 in an amateur studio environment with a black
    > backdrop and a softbox for lighting. I am tired of thinking the lighting
    > is good on the lousy LCD screen on the camera, taking 100 pics, and then
    > later seeing them on a computer only to realize that the black curtain folds
    > were visible and other lighting problems existed. So, I want to start
    > having the images appear directly on a laptop while I'm taking them so I can
    > see the results. And I want vertical pics to display as vertical. What
    > software can you suggest, and what type of cable would exist between the
    > camera and the computer (usb, I'm guessing)?

    The D70 has a setting to display vertical pics as vertical. I think
    it also has an analog video output, so you could connect it up to a TV
    monitor if you don't want to mess with a capture program.

    Paul Rubin, Apr 18, 2006