    BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where should I
    start.
    Cleat

    PeterBuwalda, Aug 21, 2009

  2. David H. Lipman, Aug 21, 2009

  3. PeterBuwalda

    nemo_outis Guest

    "PeterBuwalda" <> wrote in
    news:4a8f14ef$:

    > BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where
    > should I start.
    > Cleat

    You have asked an extremely broad question. For instance, are you
    interested in just home networking, or in the "full catastrophe" including
    BGP, etc?

    On the security front the best broad overview is provided by Anderson's
    "Security Engineering." There are extended excerpts from the second
    edition and the entire first edition is online:

    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

    Do a little research on your own and then come back with more specific
    focussed questions. For instance, do you want to be told what universities
    have good 4-year computer science programs or is that not a direction
    you're looking to go?

    Regards,

    nemo_outis, Aug 21, 2009
  4. PeterBuwalda

    VanguardLH Guest

    PeterBuwalda wrote:

    > BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where should I
    > start.
    > Cleat

    Library.
    Google.