    little technical experience.

    Thanks,
    MY

    My, Feb 10, 2005

  2. My

    Wayne Guest

    Firstly, go to http://www.microsoft.com/mcdst and read what's on that page
    and the links. Under Requirements you'll find the 2 exams needed, 70-271 and
    70-272. Check http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.asp and
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp for the objectives and
    make sure you can cover each area. Check http://www.amazon.com for second
    hand books for MCDST. Most importantly, install, configure, break and fix
    Windows XP and Office XP until you have a good understanding of the
    operating system and the applications. Also, try
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../all/proddocs/en-us/hs_exploring_windows.mspx ,
    all the documentation for Windows XP is online there, start reading :)

    Good luck!

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
    of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
    masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
    - Dennis (sometime in the middle ages)

    Wayne, Feb 11, 2005

  3. My

    JONESY BOY Guest

    My, to take the course would be a good idea. Also, get the self paced
    training kit b/c I think these courses try to cram a lot into your head in a
    short space of time. If you are a fast learner, then maybe the course might
    be helpful for you. Real world experience is also a good start, too. Entry
    level to be precise. I just picked up the self paced kit today, and so far
    I'm not disappointed. It's engaging.

    Good luck,

    Jonesy Boy

    JONESY BOY, Feb 11, 2005
  4. My

    Guest Guest

    Wayne, thanks for all the info--it was most helpful.

    p/all/proddocs/en-us/hs_exploring_windows.mspx ,

    Guest, Feb 11, 2005
  5. My

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jonesy Boy,