    killer for the same price, approx 11-1200?

    thanks!!

    Rob
    rob, Nov 30, 2003

  2. rob

    Sabado Guest

    I bought one a month ago and am very pleased with it. It is a great
    comprimise. Since Comcast has only a handful of channels on HDTV
    right now, having a set that displays 4:3 and 16:9 nicely was
    important to me. I also bought a Philips and Samsung 30" widescreen
    HDTV and took both of them back to the store inside of a week for
    quality issues displaying current 4:3 content "and" poor color, white
    balance, and resolution issues.

    This Sony is sharp as a tack, does wonderful with 16:9 movies on
    progressive DVD, has a very nice sound capability in addition to my
    home theatre, and...well I can't say much more...it's a Sony!

    My next TV will definitely be a 16:9 screen. Until then, this will do
    just fine.
    Sabado, Dec 20, 2003

  3. >This Sony is sharp as a tack, does wonderful with 16:9 movies on
    >progressive DVD, has a very nice sound capability in addition to my
    >home theatre, and...well I can't say much more...it's a Sony!

    To some people here, the comment "It's a Sony" is more like a curse than a
    compliment.

    However, I myself don't understand why.

    I've been using Sony video monitors and televisions for quite a few years and
    they've always delivered superior performance. When you get them calibrated
    properly, stand back 'cause the picture quality will blow you away. There's a
    reason why Sony displays are used professionally more than just about any other
    display from Panasonic, JVC, Ikegami, and Proton.

    Aperture grille tubes kill invar shadow mask tubes in overall performance, and
    Trinitron is no exception. The other aperture grille tube is Mitsubishi's
    Diamondtron, but those have been used exclusively for computer monitors and
    Mitsubishi TVs are junk compared to Sony anyways, according to repair
    experience. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 22, 2003