    all
    I have to do is, open a browser, or email program, to immediately be online?

    Thanks in advance

    James Johnson, May 15, 2004

  2. James Johnson

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 02:07:09 GMT, "James Johnson"
    <> wrote:

    >Good Evening,
    >
    >My sbcglobal DSL pppoe account requires me to click on "connect" each time I
    >reboot the computer to get online.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to configure it; so that when the computer boots up,
    >all
    >I have to do is, open a browser, or email program, to immediately be online?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Two ways.
    Copy the connect shortcut to the Startup folder.

    The ideal way is to get a router/gateway like D-Link, Belkin, Netgear,
    Linksys, etc.
    Belkin & Netgear are available at any Staples outlet.) It provides a
    firewall on the WAN side to protect your shared files, it will allow you
    to share the internet connection, it will negotiate the PPPoE connection
    automatically (you don't need ANY connection software anymore), and doesn't
    cost much more than a good firewall.

    Unk, May 15, 2004