    Any reason to hold off getting connected soon - ie. will I be likely to
    kick myself and curse because waiting a few weeks or a month would be
    rewarding for me?
    canon paora, Aug 12, 2006

  2. canon paora

    -=rjh=- Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > Would Orcon's "Advanced 40" plan be my best bet?
    >
    > Advanced 40
    > 256Kbps Down speed
    > 128Kbps Up Speed
    > 40 GB
    > $49.95(+tolls)
    > $59.95(-tolls)
    >
    > Any reason to hold off getting connected soon - ie. will I be likely to
    > kick myself and curse because waiting a few weeks or a month would be
    > rewarding for me?

    I'm on that, and I'm happy enough with it. Orcon run their own news
    server, too - a plus compared to other ISPs it seems.
    -=rjh=-, Aug 12, 2006

  3. canon paora

    Allistar Guest

    canon paora wrote:

    > Would Orcon's "Advanced 40" plan be my best bet?
    >
    > Advanced 40
    > 256Kbps Down speed
    > 128Kbps Up Speed
    > 40 GB
    > $49.95(+tolls)
    > $59.95(-tolls)
    >
    > Any reason to hold off getting connected soon - ie. will I be likely to
    > kick myself and curse because waiting a few weeks or a month would be
    > rewarding for me?

    I wouldn't call 128kb/s up "broadband", by any meaning of the term. If
    you're on dial-up at the moment you will be pleasantly surprised with the
    difference though.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Aug 12, 2006
  4. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    > I wouldn't call 128kb/s up "broadband", by any meaning of the term. If
    > you're on dial-up at the moment you will be pleasantly surprised with the
    > difference though.

    Okay, I want to be a cheap 'faster than dialup' piglet. I expect to be
    using my 40gig with ease and at better broaband rates, I'd be paying
    through my little piggie nose for the priviledge. I know people who
    have broadband to check mail - why they bother I do wonder.

    Orcon has 'tarted up' their website a little bit and left out any links
    to signup for any services - I suppose I'll have to wait.
    canon paora, Aug 12, 2006
  5. On 12 Aug 2006 04:29:06 -0700, canon paora <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    >> I wouldn't call 128kb/s up "broadband", by any meaning of the term. If
    >> you're on dial-up at the moment you will be pleasantly surprised with the
    >> difference though.
    >>

    > Okay, I want to be a cheap 'faster than dialup' piglet. I expect to be
    > using my 40gig with ease and at better broaband rates, I'd be paying
    > through my little piggie nose for the priviledge. I know people who
    > have broadband to check mail - why they bother I do wonder.
    >
    > Orcon has 'tarted up' their website a little bit and left out any links
    > to signup for any services - I suppose I'll have to wait.

    Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    *OINK!*
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 12, 2006
  6. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    > Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    > *OINK!*

    Can I be a cheap HOG?
    canon paora, Aug 13, 2006
  7. canon paora

    Shane Guest

    canon paora wrote:

    >> Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    >> *OINK!*

    > Can I be a cheap HOG?

    Umm... a Hog is a pig with no balls
    You sure thats what you want to be?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_(swine)
    A domesticated hog is male, typically castrated, having reached at least
    one-year of age, weighing greater than 120 lb. (54 kg.) and reared to be
    slaughtered for market.
    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Aug 13, 2006
  8. On 12 Aug 2006 18:59:30 -0700, canon paora <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    >> Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    >> *OINK!*

    > Can I be a cheap HOG?

    As far as I know, HOGs don't come cheap. Sorry!

    --
    Die dulci fruere,
    Nicolaas.

    .... A good pun is its own reword.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 13, 2006
  9. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > canon paora wrote:
    >
    > >> Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    > >> *OINK!*

    > > Can I be a cheap HOG?

    > Umm... a Hog is a pig with no balls
    > You sure thats what you want to be?
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_(swine)
    > A domesticated hog is male, typically castrated, having reached at least
    > one-year of age, weighing greater than 120 lb. (54 kg.) and reared to be
    > slaughtered for market.

    Crikey, that's a much higher price to pay than I imagined.
    canon paora, Aug 13, 2006
  10. canon paora

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > canon paora wrote:
    >
    > > > Why settle for being a piglet, Paul, when you can go the full hog?
    > > > *OINK!*

    > > Can I be a cheap HOG?

    > Umm... a Hog is a pig with no balls
    > You sure thats what you want to be?
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_(swine)
    > A domesticated hog is male, typically castrated, having reached at
    > least one-year of age, weighing greater than 120 lb. (54 kg.) and
    > reared to be slaughtered for market.

    Ho, that's a Hog, no a HOG. A HOG is a previous poster who was also a PITA.
    (Hint: Not a type of bread. <g>)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Aug 13, 2006