    Thanks

    MM
    , Sep 24, 2009

  2. Justin Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:10:58 -0700]:
    > wrote:
    >> I ama using Thunderbird for pop email on gmail. My harddrive crashed
    >> and I lost all my email. It's still on gmail (on the web), but I want
    >> to download all of the old mail to my computer using TB. All I can
    >> get is my new email. What is the trick to get ALL of it?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> MM

    > close TB, then delete the file popstate.dat from the TB
    > profile

    Make sure gmail POP is set to send all messages, and not just new ones

    For example.

  3. Guest

    I tried what you said and it did not work. The file popstate was
    located in the Documents and Settings folder. I first tried to rename
    it, then deleted it. I did a search for all files having that name
    "popstate.dat" and no others exist. Any more ideas?

    I suppose I could entirely delete TB and reinstall, but I thought I
    did that when I reinstalled the OS.

    Thanks for all help.

    On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:10:58 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I ama using Thunderbird for pop email on gmail. My harddrive crashed
    >> and I lost all my email. It's still on gmail (on the web), but I want
    >> to download all of the old mail to my computer using TB. All I can
    >> get is my new email. What is the trick to get ALL of it?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> MM

    >close TB, then delete the file popstate.dat from the TB
    >profile
    , Sep 29, 2009
  4. Guest

    On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:18:41 +0000 (UTC), Justin
    <> wrote:

    >Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:10:58 -0700]:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I ama using Thunderbird for pop email on gmail. My harddrive crashed
    >>> and I lost all my email. It's still on gmail (on the web), but I want
    >>> to download all of the old mail to my computer using TB. All I can
    >>> get is my new email. What is the trick to get ALL of it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> MM

    >> close TB, then delete the file popstate.dat from the TB
    >> profile

    >Make sure gmail POP is set to send all messages, and not just new ones
    >
    >For example.

    > Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been
    > downloaded)
    >Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
    >Disable POP

    Is this something I adjust in TB (where), or on Gmail? I cant find it
    in TB settings.

    Thanks
    , Sep 30, 2009
  5. Justin Guest

    wrote on [Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:01:06 -0500]:
    > On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:18:41 +0000 (UTC), Justin
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:10:58 -0700]:

    >>> close TB, then delete the file popstate.dat from the TB
    >>> profile

    >>Make sure gmail POP is set to send all messages, and not just new ones
    >>
    >>For example.

    >> Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been
    >> downloaded)
    >>Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
    >>Disable POP

    > Is this something I adjust in TB (where), or on Gmail? I cant find it
    > in TB settings.

    See where I said "make sure gmail POP is set". That certainly implies
    it's a gmail setting.
    Justin, Sep 30, 2009
  6. wrote:

    > I suppose I could entirely delete TB and reinstall, but I thought I
    > did that when I reinstalled the OS.

    all your mail, passwords, settings, etc, are stored in
    an area called the TB Profile. This profile is kept
    away from where the program is installed. When you
    uninstall TB, all you're doing is removing the program,
    and the profile is not touched. When you reinstall,
    the program will pick up the default profile and start
    using that. Anything that can and will go wrong is
    usually traced back to the profile and not to the
    program itself.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 30, 2009
  7. Justin Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:41:28 -0700]:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I suppose I could entirely delete TB and reinstall, but I thought I
    >> did that when I reinstalled the OS.

    > all your mail, passwords, settings, etc, are stored in
    > an area called the TB Profile. This profile is kept
    > away from where the program is installed. When you
    > uninstall TB, all you're doing is removing the program,
    > and the profile is not touched. When you reinstall,
    > the program will pick up the default profile and start
    > using that. Anything that can and will go wrong is
    > usually traced back to the profile and not to the
    > program itself.

    The thing is, there's no error or problem. Everything is doing
    everything correctly.

    He just needs to tell gmail to send everything.

    That, or move to IMAP.
    Justin, Sep 30, 2009
  8. Re: Thanks - thread drift was Re: I want ALL my messages in thunderbird

    pyotr filipivich wrote:

    > I'd been wondering about using TB on the gmail
    > account (YPOPs and my connection never seemed to work well with
    > Yahoo.)

    you don't need ypops anymore. Yahoo, gmail, and
    hotmail are all now pop accessible.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 2, 2009
  9. Justin Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:37:39 -0700]:
    > pyotr filipivich wrote:
    >
    >> I'd been wondering about using TB on the gmail
    >> account (YPOPs and my connection never seemed to work well with
    >> Yahoo.)

    > you don't need ypops anymore. Yahoo, gmail, and
    > hotmail are all now pop accessible.

    gmail is even IMAP accessible, which is even better.
    Justin, Oct 2, 2009