    ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000

    Anybody want the other 9998 units? :-(

    There must be 1001 uses for some of these around the home.

    -=rjh=-, Jun 29, 2006

  2. -=rjh=-

    Mercury Guest

    Put me down for a dozen.

    Mercury, Jun 29, 2006

  3. -=rjh=-

    EMB Guest

    Mercury wrote:
    > Put me down for a dozen.

    And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
    colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jun 29, 2006
  4. -=rjh=-

    Shank Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > Mercury wrote:
    >
    >> Put me down for a dozen.

    > And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
    > colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).

    Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

    Come on people. Sign up for a pure geek toy. Even if you don't know what
    to do with it, just having it sitting on your desk would establish
    yourself in the hallowed halls of geekdom. Just think of the perks. You
    need never worry about life again. 'Cause you won't have one. Or
    girl/boyfriends. Or party invitations. You'll lose your ability to eat
    anything other than takeaways or chocolate coated coffee beans, or drink
    anything other than strong coffee or Jolt Cola. You'll never be able to
    have a normal conversation without again the other person gazing blankly
    into space, desperately trying to think up an excuse to leave while you
    pepper your conversation with coding terms, flaming vi in favor of
    emacs, and generally turning yourself into the second most boring person
    on earth after Paris Hilton.

    But on the plus side, you will be eco-friendly by saving heaps of water
    as you will forget to bathe for weeks at a time. You'll save oodles of
    money by never having to date again or entertain anyone and you'll save
    on power because you'll completely forget how to cook and will survive
    on takeaways. You'll probably also save on insurance premiums as you'll
    likely die younger through unhealthy eating habits. No need to spend
    money on sunscreen, as you'll never see the sun again. Likewise
    cosmetics will get the heave-ho, as well as expensive designer clothes.

    Wow, with all this saving, you should be able to afford all 9822 excess
    units.

    So, come on now. Just write a cash cheque for $481278, send it to me and
    I'll put the order in as soon as the cheque has cleared.

    Be quick. Uber-geekdom is within your grasp.

    Rob (who's tongue is not in his cheek as it is hanging out and drooling
    at the possibility someone might actually take him seriously.)

    Shank, Jun 29, 2006
  5. -=rjh=-

    Shane Guest

    Shank wrote:

    > EMB wrote:
    >> Mercury wrote:
    >>
    >>> Put me down for a dozen.

    >> And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
    >> colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).
    >>

    > Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

    I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too small.
    I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one of these

    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jun 29, 2006
  6. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Shank wrote:
    >
    >> EMB wrote:

    >>> And I'll take another dozen, and can probably convince one of my
    >>> colleagues to take 50 (he's greedy).
    >>>

    >> Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

    > I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too small.
    > I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one of these

    Actually, I assumed the aerials shown weren't included.

    And anyway, a wok sized aerial is going to look a little out of place
    when you use one of these as an in-car mp3 player.

    OTOH would be damn useful if you were using these to set up
    neighbourhood wifi.

    -=rjh=-, Jun 29, 2006
  7. Hi there,

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi,
    > ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
    >
    > Anybody want the other 9998 units? :-(

    Are you offering to pay for the whole 10000? I'll gladly
    relieve you of the other 9998 if thats the case! :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jun 30, 2006
  8. -=rjh=-

    Redbaiter Guest

    Shane wrote:

    > I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!)

    Shane Howearth is nothing but a 38 year old bludger and born loser
    posing as a student..

    Redbaiter, Jun 30, 2006
  9. -=rjh=-

    Shane Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> Shank wrote:

    >>> Hmmm. I'll take 2. That's 78 (possibly) so far. 9822 to go.

    >> I was going to take 1 (hey Im a student!) but the aerials are far too
    >> small. I need at least a wok sized aerial supplied if Im going to buy one
    >> of these
    >>

    > Actually, I assumed the aerials shown weren't included.
    >
    > And anyway, a wok sized aerial is going to look a little out of place
    > when you use one of these as an in-car mp3 player.
    >
    > OTOH would be damn useful if you were using these to set up
    > neighbourhood wifi.

    Heh I was being funny :)
    A wok sized aerial would defeat the purpose of a credit card sized pda:)

    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jun 30, 2006
  10. T'was the 29 Jun 2006 17:55:36 -0700 when I remembered "Redbaiter"
    <> saying something like this:

    <snip comment>

    How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Jun 30, 2006
  11. -=rjh=-

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    >How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?

    EITHER
    You know how diarrhea splatters...

    OR
    It's just Red stalking Shane again...

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Jun 30, 2006
  12. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the 29 Jun 2006 17:55:36 -0700 when I remembered "Redbaiter"
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    > <snip comment>
    >
    > How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?

    Sort of like some horror slipping through from some other dimension.

    -=rjh=-, Jun 30, 2006
  13. -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi,
    > ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
    >
    > Anybody want the other 9998 units? :-(
    >
    > There must be 1001 uses for some of these around the home.

    Dam a slash dot by NZ.COMP, the sites down at the moment

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jun 30, 2006
  14. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> Neat - XScale, 500MB flash, 128MB RAM, sound, 4 USB host, Wifi,
    >> ethernet, PCI, and in a 44x66mm package - and all for $47US ea/10,000
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32703
    >>
    >> Anybody want the other 9998 units? :-(
    >>
    >> There must be 1001 uses for some of these around the home.

    > Dam a slash dot by NZ.COMP, the sites down at the moment

    Not just The Enquirer, for me, about half the internet is down at the
    moment.

    -=rjh=-, Jul 1, 2006
  15. -=rjh=-

    Redbaiter Guest

    Don Hills wrote:

    > EITHER
    > You know how diarrhea splatters...

    Gee, there's Don Hills, the hypocrite who claims about abuse, referring
    to other users as diarrhea...

    > OR
    > It's just Red stalking Shane again...

    Yes, well its no surprise to see your hatred of those who advocate for
    freedom is so intense your prepared to seek an alliance with Shane
    Howearth, the gutless coward who makes threats to destroy the online
    businesses of posters whose views he disgree with. You make a good
    pair, completely devoid of morals and decency and principles the both
    of you.

    Redbaiter, Jul 1, 2006
  16. -=rjh=-

    Shane Guest

    Don Hills wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Waylon Kenning <> wrote:
    >>
    >>How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?

    > EITHER
    > You know how diarrhea splatters...
    >
    > OR
    > It's just Red stalking Shane again...

    Last year I was Chris Davis, Last Week I was Shane Hobson, gawd knows who I
    am this week
    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Jul 1, 2006
  17. -=rjh=-

    Redbaiter Guest

    > Don Hills wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Waylon Kenning <> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>How come nz.general is flooding into nz.comp?

    > > EITHER
    > > You know how diarrhea splatters...
    > >
    > > OR
    > > It's just Red stalking Shane again...
    > >

    > Last year I was Chris Davis, Last Week I was Shane Hobson, gawd knows who I
    > am this week

    You're Shane Howearth of 9 Lanarch Street Hamilton, and you're a
    gutless coward who spends his time on usenet issuing malicious
    threats to destroy the online businesses of users you don't like.

    Redbaiter, Jul 1, 2006
  18. -=rjh=-

    BTMO Guest

    "Redbaiter" <> wrote

    > You're Shane Howearth of 9 Lanarch Street Hamilton, and you're a
    > gutless coward who spends his time on usenet issuing malicious
    > threats to destroy the online businesses of users you don't like.

    Not possible.

    "Unlike you, I'm not so overwhelmed by my own sense of self importance that
    I think what is written to usenet is anything more
    than trivia that floats off in the wind."

    Now ... who was it that said that??

    BTMO, Jul 1, 2006
  19. -=rjh=-

    ~tricky~ Guest

    Redbaiter wrote:
    > Don Hills wrote:
    >>
    >> EITHER
    >> You know how diarrhea splatters...

    > Gee, there's Don Hills, the hypocrite who claims about abuse,
    > referring to other users as diarrhea...
    >>
    >> OR
    >> It's just Red stalking Shane again...
    >>

    > Yes, well its no surprise to see your hatred of those who advocate for
    > freedom is so intense your prepared to seek an alliance with Shane
    > Howearth, the gutless coward who makes threats to destroy the online
    > businesses of posters whose views he disgree with. You make a good
    > pair, completely devoid of morals and decency and principles the both
    > of you.

    Sigh.

    <engages killfile>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~tricky~, Jul 1, 2006
  20. -=rjh=-

    ~tricky~ Guest

    Redbaiter wrote:
    >> Don Hills wrote:

    >>> EITHER
    >>> You know how diarrhea splatters...
    >>>
    >>> OR
    >>> It's just Red stalking Shane again...
    >>>

    >> Last year I was Chris Davis, Last Week I was Shane Hobson, gawd
    >> knows who I am this week
    >>

    > You're Shane Howearth of 9 Lanarch Street Hamilton, and you're a
    > gutless coward who spends his time on usenet issuing malicious
    > threats to destroy the online businesses of users you don't like.

    Didn't I just killfile you?

    Ahh, I see, like most trolls, you use multiple 'return to' addies.

    <plonk again>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~tricky~, Jul 1, 2006