    bar and no way to save the file. Used to download to I-tunes and save
    the file so that it could be replayed. Tried to revert back.. but no
    luck... any ideas?...

    fido, Jan 5, 2006

  2. fido

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Tz0vf.8453$>, fido
    <> wrote:

    > Downloaded the new I-Tunes 6.0.1.3 and now when I try to download and
    > play my radio program audio files all I get is a small Quik time player
    > bar and no way to save the file. Used to download to I-tunes and save
    > the file so that it could be replayed. Tried to revert back.. but no
    > luck... any ideas?...

    First, when you are on a page of music files, are you right-clicking
    and choosing the DOWNLOAD TO DISK command (whatever it is named)?

    If you just click on a file's link, you are asking the browser to open
    it, and the browser might be set to use QuickTime.
    You could change that setting to iTunes, but it's better if you mean to
    save the files just to save them in the first place.

    Mitch, Jan 5, 2006

  3. fido

    fido Guest

    Mitch wrote:
    > In article <Tz0vf.8453$>, fido
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Downloaded the new I-Tunes 6.0.1.3 and now when I try to download and
    >>play my radio program audio files all I get is a small Quik time player
    >>bar and no way to save the file. Used to download to I-tunes and save
    >>the file so that it could be replayed. Tried to revert back.. but no
    >>luck... any ideas?...

    > First, when you are on a page of music files, are you right-clicking
    > and choosing the DOWNLOAD TO DISK command (whatever it is named)?
    >
    > If you just click on a file's link, you are asking the browser to open
    > it, and the browser might be set to use QuickTime.
    > You could change that setting to iTunes, but it's better if you mean to
    > save the files just to save them in the first place.

    These are radio archive that I am downloading.. they used to download in
    the download window and save to the hardrive and then automatically play
    in I-tunes... now they just stream to Quik-time.. can't see the option
    where I can change that back...

    fido, Jan 5, 2006
  4. fido

    Mitch Guest

    In article <uC3vf.49341$>, fido
    <> wrote:

    > Mitch wrote:
    > > In article <Tz0vf.8453$>, fido
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Downloaded the new I-Tunes 6.0.1.3 and now when I try to download and
    > >>play my radio program audio files all I get is a small Quik time player
    > >>bar and no way to save the file. Used to download to I-tunes and save
    > >>the file so that it could be replayed. Tried to revert back.. but no
    > >>luck... any ideas?...

    > > First, when you are on a page of music files, are you right-clicking
    > > and choosing the DOWNLOAD TO DISK command (whatever it is named)?
    > >
    > > If you just click on a file's link, you are asking the browser to open
    > > it, and the browser might be set to use QuickTime.
    > > You could change that setting to iTunes, but it's better if you mean to
    > > save the files just to save them in the first place.

    > These are radio archive that I am downloading.. they used to download in
    > the download window and save to the hardrive and then automatically play
    > in I-tunes... now they just stream to Quik-time.. can't see the option
    > where I can change that back...

    Some of this might be affected by a difference in OS; I am writing from
    Mac OS 10.4
    There is a setting in iTunes to use it for internet content.
    There is a setting in the QuickTime control panel to manage which types
    of content it is used for.
    The browser also may have a separate setting for which helper to use
    for specific file types.
    The file pointing to the stream (many streams use pointer files, not
    all) can be set to be opened by a specific application (under Windows,
    Right-click, Open With, select iTunes, check the 'always' check box).

    I cannot guess which one of these might have been changed, but it seems
    at least one of them has been.

    Mitch, Jan 6, 2006