I think I'm screwed...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sway_NV, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. Sway_NV

    Sway_NV

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    So I was trying to download a Audio editing program and
    it released it's wrath upon me.

    I'm not completely computer savvy, nor am I computer illiterate by any means.

    So I'll do the best I can to give you as much as I know.

    Dell Laptop - Windows XP

    My start bar - gone, hidden at the bottom can't bring it up.
    While exploring there is no address bar, although it's checked.
    can't bring it up... when I use the search function the whole
    window is black, but you can still see the dog... dlls for a few things are gone...

    It installed several viruses...
    Cmdservice
    System32 something
    TeaTimer
    Zenosearch
    smitfraud-C.Coreservice
    I tried to remove them with
    Norton - Spybot search and destroy - Spydoctor
    Removed a lot of stuff... ran them, restarted in Safemode,
    ran them again, retarted in normal, ran them once more.

    The spybot programs still always pick up things in
    C:/WINDOWS/System32
    when I try to get there... System32 folder is gone.
    Can't see it... i'm set to see hidden folders...
    and I can't just type it in the address bar... because it's not there...
    Cant search for the file...

    Am I just totally pwned?

    If you guys/gals need anymore details,
    I'll try and get what I can.
    God, I feel so stupid... :damnmate:

    Edit: Just realized I can't copy/cut & paste files either...
    Several CMD windows pop up and close quickly on start up.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
    Sway_NV, Apr 7, 2008