I think I will get this and I think I will get that

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    other and ask if it's OK?
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 15, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    mgellis Guest

    Ours is $50.00. It all depends on your income level. :)
    mgellis, Mar 15, 2006

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Scott W Guest

    mark_digital© wrote:
    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    $258.93

    YMMV

    Scott
    Scott W, Mar 15, 2006
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Roy G Guest

    "mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    Ideally, well before she notices.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Mar 16, 2006
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    "Don't ask, don't tell"

    Kinon O'cann, Mar 16, 2006
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Paul Heslop Guest

    mark digital© wrote:

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    Just before she says 'no' :O)
    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Mar 16, 2006
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Skip M Guest

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    I'm in the position of having a wife who wants what I want. So, getting
    permission isn't the problem, getting the funds to get two of them (whatever
    "them" may be) is... ;-)

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Mar 16, 2006
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    >"Don't ask, don't tell"

    Always stay with the same brand and use the old camera strap on the new
    camera.
    Then when she asks about the new "L" lens just say, "What? This old
    thing?"
    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  9. Kinon O'cann wrote:

    > "mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    >>other and ask if it's OK?

    > "Don't ask, don't tell"

    IMHO, honesty is best.

    After I got my 1D Mark II, I can no longer ask how much
    something cost, as the only answer I get is:
    "Well, it wasn't anywhere near as much as your camera!"

    ;-)

    Roger
    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Mar 16, 2006
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    >IMHO, honesty is best.

    >After I got my 1D Mark II, I can no longer ask how much
    >something cost, as the only answer I get is:
    >"Well, it wasn't anywhere near as much as your camera!"

    You fuckin told her?
    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    >I'm in the position of having a wife who wants what I want.

    More dick?
    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  12. "mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    Do you have a job? Do you earn part of the income? Then there is no reason
    to ask. We both have a certain amount of money we can spend each month and
    neither has to ask permission to buy anything. Large expenditures that
    affect both of us are discussed, like a car, new TV for the family room, but
    hobby items, tools, we just buy as needed.
    Edwin Pawlowski, Mar 16, 2006
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    mark_digital© <> wrote:

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    If you're single you got no worries at all...
    Stewy, Mar 16, 2006
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Skip M Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >I'm in the position of having a wife who wants what I want.

    > More dick?

    If I thought you drank, I'd ask you to quit, or at least moderate.

    Skip M, Mar 16, 2006
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    ½ Confused Guest

    On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:05:42 -0500
    mark_digital© <> wrote:

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    My wife recently passed. If I think of something too
    expensive I have these strange haunting dreams... heh.

    Jeff
    ½ Confused, Mar 16, 2006
  16. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    RobG Guest

    mark_digital© <> wrote in

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    best bet's just to not have a significant other. then, it's all your own.

    RobG
    RobG, Mar 16, 2006
  17. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    dwight Guest

    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    Actually, an interesting question. Never thought about assigning a dollar
    figure to it.

    Sometimes, I just say, "This is what I'm getting." Sometimes, I give fair
    warning: "I'm going to be picking up one of these in the next few months."

    I suppose that notification is SOP for anything over $100, and my wife
    always has the final say. The fact that she's fair probably accounts for the
    fact that we've been married so long...

    Then there's negotiation. Last summer, we moved to a much larger property
    and she really really really wanted to get a dog. I told her that I really
    really really wanted the Rebel XT.

    The day she brought home the dog, I went out and bought the XT.

    dwight

    dwight, Mar 16, 2006
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:39:18 -0500, "dwight" <>
    wrote:

    >The day she brought home the dog, I went out and bought the XT.

    Which cost more? :)

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Mar 16, 2006
  19. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    dwight Guest

    "Bill Funk" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:39:18 -0500, "dwight" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The day she brought home the dog, I went out and bought the XT.

    > Which cost more? :)
    >
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Not fair. The final costs aren't known in either case.

    dwight
    dwight, Mar 17, 2006
  20. "mark_digital©" <> wrote in message
    > I'm envious. At what price point do you have to turn to your significant
    > other and ask if it's OK?

    Mine is what ever is less than groceries.
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 18, 2006