I think I should buy m ostly fullscreen because

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Waterperson77, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. While I don't ccare if it's widescreen or fullscreen, just as long as it's it's
    original aspect ratio, I think the majority of dvds I currently buy should be
    old fullscreen movies. because:

    4:3 is virtually dead. TV sets will soon be widescreen only. Then studios
    might s tart pandering to the screen fillers by releasing old 4:3 Academy Ratio
    movies in matted widescreen format instead of their OAR.

    such as the theatrical rerelease of The Wizard of Oz some years ago where the
    movie studio claimeed in the ads "in widescreen, the way it was meant to be
    seen"

    I know now that that was not the way it was meant to be seen, despite the ads.

    with tv sets and tv broadcasts only widescreen, you'll still get the recent
    widescreen movies in their proper widescreen aspect ratio.

    but the Academy Ratio movies might be released on dvd in non-OAR widescreen
    format.

    just to pander to the screen fillers.

    and yes, I know that 4:3 and Academy Ratio is slightly different.

    However, the difference is very slight.
    Waterperson77, Dec 17, 2003