    means I have svchost.exe
    How do I get rid of this please?
    pete
    pete, Jul 24, 2007

  2. pete

    Old Codger Guest

    pete wrote:
    > I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    > means I have svchost.exe
    > How do I get rid of this please?

    Format "C" :)

    An easier method is to run an antivirus program. There are many free
    programs available, I use Avast. You might find some of the better
    known AV companies have a try before you buy version.

    You can run an excellent scan here: http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

    That will tell you what viruses you have but will not remove them

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Jul 24, 2007

  3. pete

    Flying Rat Guest

    Flying Rat, Jul 24, 2007
  4. pete

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    > means I have svchost.exe
    > How do I get rid of this please?
    > pete

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    SmitRem.exe by Noahdfear's SmitFraud, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, removal tool
    http://noahdfear.geekstogo.com/click counter/click.php?id=1

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jul 24, 2007
  5. pete wrote:

    > I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > home page www.google.co.uk I get www. finderg. com/

    ...which, by using a JavaScript-only call, goes to:
    www. guilp .com
    ...which appears to have been taken down. It is registered to:
    interactivemediatransport .com
    ...which is also missing.

    > which I believe means I have svchost.exe
    > How do I get rid of this please?

    Run some anti-malware programs. Start with SuperAntiSpyware.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#spyware

    svchost.exe is a standard Windows program, and you may have more than
    one copy running, in normal operation.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 24, 2007
  6. pete

    John DoH Guest

    In article <>,
    pete <> wrote:

    > I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    > means I have svchost.exe
    > How do I get rid of this please?

    LOL, couldn't happen to a more deserving pervert :)

    Please let us know how much stuff you lose and how much trouble it has
    caused you :)

    --
    "These faults you see are not *MY* faults - they are your faults,
    reflected back at you." Rowland McDonnell. June 2007

    "(seriously puzzled)" Rowland McDonnell July 2007
    John DoH, Jul 24, 2007
  7. pete

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jul 24, 2007
  8. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:03:35 +0100, pete <> wrote:

    >I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    >home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    >means I have svchost.exe
    >How do I get rid of this please?

    Well I have scanned using the links helpfully provided by posters to
    this thread and no problems were discovered by any of them. While the
    scans were being done I used my laptop and tried to download emule
    again as I had tried to with this computer. When I got to the point
    where it asked me to send a text message I quit the rest of the
    download. I then discovered my laptop was behaving the same as this
    computer. I went to google and it worked OK but not when I tried to do
    so through IE which has google as my home page. I got www.finderg.com
    again. I removed it from IE and replaced it with google and now
    everything is working fine again. Thanks everyone who helped me.
    pete
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich
    pete, Jul 25, 2007
  9. pete

    doS Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    >I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    > means I have svchost.exe

    I sure hope so, dimwit

    doS, Jul 25, 2007
  10. pete

    doS Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    >> home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    >> means I have svchost.exe
    >> How do I get rid of this please?
    >> pete

    > Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    > of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    > or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    > direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    > place to download their application.
    >
    > No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    > requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    > directly from the vendors.
    >
    > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    a little late for that isn't it?

    doS, Jul 25, 2007
  11. pete

    Leythos Guest

    In article <w6zpi.846$>,
    says...

    > "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> I click onto the icon I normally use for IE and instead of getting my
    > >> home page www.google.co.uk I get www.finderg.com/ which I believe
    > >> means I have svchost.exe
    > >> How do I get rid of this please?
    > >> pete

    > > Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    > > of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    > > or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    > > direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    > > place to download their application.
    > >
    > > No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    > > requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    > > directly from the vendors.
    > >
    > > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    > a little late for that isn't it?

    Nope, it's a fact that people that get compromised don't learn from the
    first time, it takes several times for them to be inconvenienced enough
    to change their ways - normally.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all