I think I have a birthday coming up before long

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    philo Guest

    philo, Aug 26, 2007

  3. philo wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> (hint, hint)
    >>
    >> http://www.teslamotors.com/

    > Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
    > gallon gasoline

    Yeah, but you'd be the coolest dude cruising through Dairy Queen on
    Saturday night.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    deno Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> (hint, hint)
    >>
    >> http://www.teslamotors.com/

    > Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
    > gallon gasoline

    I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
    cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
    door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
    thats the one that steered it?

    Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
    with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
    against RPG's.

    deno

    deno, Aug 26, 2007
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing Rôgêr <> bada bang:
    > philo wrote:
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>> (hint, hint)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.teslamotors.com/

    >> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
    >> gallon gasoline

    > Yeah, but you'd be the coolest dude cruising through Dairy Queen on
    > Saturday night.

    Put leg pipes on it and it will still sound like a sewing
    machine.

    Mike "vroom, VROOM or hummmmmmmmm?" Yetto
    --
    "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free
    government ought to be to trust no man living with power to

    Mike Yetto, Aug 26, 2007
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    philo Guest

    "deno" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    > > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > >> (hint, hint)
    > >>
    > >> http://www.teslamotors.com/

    > > Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
    > > gallon gasoline
    > >

    > I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
    > cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
    > door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
    > thats the one that steered it?
    >
    > Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
    > with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
    > against RPG's.
    >
    > deno

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

    a teacher in my school had one
    and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!

    philo, Aug 26, 2007
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    deno Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "deno" <> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >>> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >>> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
    >>> gallon gasoline
    >>>

    >> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
    >> cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
    >> door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
    >> thats the one that steered it?
    >>
    >> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
    >> with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
    >> against RPG's.
    >>
    >> deno

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
    >

    > a teacher in my school had one
    > and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!

    Thats it! LOL.
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=isetta&btnG=Search Images&gbv=2

    My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's
    volkswagen, only he did it by himself...the front end...rested it
    on top of those 2 feet high dome topped wooden posts they used to
    use as barriers in the parking lot at school! Why didn't we have
    digital camera's back then?

    I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and
    he did at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high,
    silouetted by the setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never
    forget the sight of that highway patrolman matter of factly
    picking his still attached head up by the hair and shaking it like
    it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why no one should own one
    of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I have a '61 Chevy
    Bel-Air."

    Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards
    for electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or
    somewhere in Yellowstone?

    deno

    deno, Aug 26, 2007
  8. deno wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >> "deno" <> wrote in message

    >>> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
    >>> cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
    >>> door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
    >>> thats the one that steered it?
    >>>
    >>> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
    >>> with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
    >>> against RPG's.
    >>>
    >>> deno

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
    >>

    >> a teacher in my school had one
    >> and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!
    >>

    > Thats it! LOL.
    > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=isetta&btnG=Search Images&gbv=2
    >
    > My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's volkswagen, only
    > he did it by himself...the front end...rested it on top of those 2 feet
    > high dome topped wooden posts they used to use as barriers in the
    > parking lot at school! Why didn't we have digital camera's back then?
    >
    > I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and he did
    > at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high, silouetted by the
    > setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never forget the sight of that
    > highway patrolman matter of factly picking his still attached head up by
    > the hair and shaking it like it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why
    > no one should own one of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I
    > have a '61 Chevy Bel-Air."
    >
    > Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards for
    > electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or somewhere in
    > Yellowstone?

    If you poke around in the press section of the Tesla site, there's a
    review of the car by Jay Leno. He still drives an electric car from
    about 1908. I wouldn't get the graveyard all ready for them just yet.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    WhzzKdd Guest

    WhzzKdd, Aug 26, 2007
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    philo Guest

    > >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
    > >>

    > >> a teacher in my school had one
    > >> and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!
    > >>

    > > Thats it! LOL.
    > > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=isetta&btnG=Search Images&gbv=2
    > >
    > > My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's volkswagen, only
    > > he did it by himself...the front end...rested it on top of those 2 feet
    > > high dome topped wooden posts they used to use as barriers in the
    > > parking lot at school! Why didn't we have digital camera's back then?
    > >
    > > I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and he did
    > > at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high, silouetted by the
    > > setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never forget the sight of that
    > > highway patrolman matter of factly picking his still attached head up by
    > > the hair and shaking it like it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why
    > > no one should own one of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I
    > > have a '61 Chevy Bel-Air."
    > >
    > > Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards for
    > > electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or somewhere in
    > > Yellowstone?

    > If you poke around in the press section of the Tesla site, there's a
    > review of the car by Jay Leno. He still drives an electric car from
    > about 1908. I wouldn't get the graveyard all ready for them just yet.

    Although I did remember the car as being an Isetta...
    it was not until I did I google search that I see now they were BMW's...

    so I guess back in the 60's we must have thought of BMW's as being cheap
    cars:)

    As I recall...back in the 60's the SAAB was a 5 cylinder car!...

    As to batteries...I think the metal is being re-claimed...
    at least it is with the lead-acid batteries

    philo, Aug 26, 2007
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    WhzzKdd Guest

    WhzzKdd, Aug 26, 2007
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Guest

    , Aug 26, 2007
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 26, 2007
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Top Guest

    philo wrote:

    >> > Thats it! LOL.
    >> > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=isetta&btnG=Search Images&gbv=2
    >> >
    >> > My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's volkswagen, only
    >> > he did it by himself...the front end...rested it on top of those 2 feet
    >> > high dome topped wooden posts they used to use as barriers in the
    >> > parking lot at school! Why didn't we have digital camera's back then?
    >> >
    >> > I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and he did
    >> > at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high, silouetted by the
    >> > setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never forget the sight of that
    >> > highway patrolman matter of factly picking his still attached head up by
    >> > the hair and shaking it like it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why
    >> > no one should own one of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I
    >> > have a '61 Chevy Bel-Air."
    >> >
    >> > Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards for
    >> > electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or somewhere in
    >> > Yellowstone?

    >> If you poke around in the press section of the Tesla site, there's a
    >> review of the car by Jay Leno. He still drives an electric car from
    >> about 1908. I wouldn't get the graveyard all ready for them just yet.

    > Although I did remember the car as being an Isetta...
    > it was not until I did I google search that I see now they were BMW's...
    >
    > so I guess back in the 60's we must have thought of BMW's as being cheap
    > cars:)
    >
    > As I recall...back in the 60's the SAAB was a 5 cylinder car!...
    >

    > As to batteries...I think the metal is being re-claimed...
    > at least it is with the lead-acid batteries

    I alway thought some of the small vehicles would be a good spare to
    carry in a real car.

    Top

    Top, Aug 26, 2007
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Top Guest

    >>> http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/jay_leno_garage/1302876.html

    >> A bullet is cheaper and will accomplish the same result.

    > LOL! That's just what Dad would have told me <g>
    >

    >You could bite the bullet. I'm sure that's what is meant. <g>

    Top

    Top, Aug 26, 2007
  17. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > > As I recall...back in the 60's the SAAB was a 5 cylinder car!...
    > >

    > > As to batteries...I think the metal is being re-claimed...
    > > at least it is with the lead-acid batteries
    > >

    > I alway thought some of the small vehicles would be a good spare to
    > carry in a real car.
    >
    > Top

    One of my co-workers had a service call at a copper mine in Chile...
    he said the mining equipment used a regular V-8 engine as a *starter*
    motor!!!!

    philo, Aug 26, 2007
  18. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:12:51 -0500, philo wrote:

    > "deno" <> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >> > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message

    >> > Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by
    >> > $10 a gallon gasoline
    >> >

    >> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man cars
    >> that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the door? I'm
    >> not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and thats the one that
    >> steered it?
    >>
    >> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes with
    >> all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well against
    >> RPG's.
    >>
    >> deno

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
    >

    > a teacher in my school had one
    > and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!

    philo- that's KERB. 'Curb' and 'kerb' are two totally different words.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, Aug 27, 2007
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:12:34 -0500, philo wrote:

    > As I recall...back in the 60's the SAAB was a 5 cylinder car!...

    The Saab 99 (or was it 95?) was a three-cylinder air-cooled two-stroke.

    Aardvark, Aug 27, 2007