    When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    what do you think?
    , Aug 9, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    > what do you think?

    I think, "Well, crap, THIS one's never going to Blu-Ray... :( "

    Derek Janssen (now, which line was funnier?--Did you folks pick the
    Smart one?)
    Derek Janssen, Aug 9, 2007

  3. DVDman Guest

    On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:46:38 -0700, wrote:

    >When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >what do you think?

    When I look at Universal I see a greedy company that makes the worst
    TV on DVD releases. I also sse a company that is digging themselves a
    hole by exclusively supporting the HD DVD format.
    DVDman, Aug 9, 2007
  4. DVDman wrote:
    > On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:46:38 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >>what do you think?

    > When I look at Universal I see a greedy company that makes the worst
    > TV on DVD releases. I also sse a company that is digging themselves a
    > hole by exclusively supporting the HD DVD format.

    (Er, think that was supposed to be the idea of the "World's Most
    Somnabulistic Troll" post--
    I was going to leap for the Blu-Ray gag too, but if it wasn't the DVD
    group to begin with, it would've been funnier. Oh, well.)

    Derek Janssen (you have to put some *effort* into these things, or they
    just don't come off successful)
    Derek Janssen, Aug 9, 2007
  5. On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 04:51:01 -0400, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >> what do you think?

    >I think, "Well, crap, THIS one's never going to Blu-Ray... :( "
    >
    >Derek Janssen (now, which line was funnier?--Did you folks pick the
    >Smart one?)

    Will you ever stop being an utter idiot?

    Yeah... you're funny alright... sure.
    Archimedes' Lever, Aug 10, 2007
  6. On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:00:51 +1000, DVDman <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:46:38 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >>what do you think?

    >When I look at Universal I see a greedy company that makes the worst
    >TV on DVD releases. I also sse a company that is digging themselves a
    >hole by exclusively supporting the HD DVD format.

    I see a poster that I define as a "Big Dope"... That poster would be
    you.
    Archimedes' Lever, Aug 10, 2007
  7. rob Guest

    On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:11:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:00:51 +1000, DVDman <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:46:38 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>>When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >>>what do you think?

    >>When I look at Universal I see a greedy company that makes the worst
    >>TV on DVD releases. I also sse a company that is digging themselves a
    >>hole by exclusively supporting the HD DVD format.
    >>

    > I see a poster that I define as a "Big Dope"... That poster would be
    >you.

    I see a terminal fuckwit - *you*.

    Universal are a bunch of assholes. They make crap TV show on DVD
    releases. If you can't see this then you're a retarded fuckhead.
    rob, Aug 10, 2007
  8. On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:01:11 +1000, rob <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:11:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:

    >>>When I look at Universal I see a greedy company that makes the worst
    >>>TV on DVD releases. I also sse a company that is digging themselves a
    >>>hole by exclusively supporting the HD DVD format.
    >>>

    >> I see a poster that I define as a "Big Dope"... That poster would be
    >>you.

    >I see a terminal fuckwit - *you*.
    >
    >Universal are a bunch of assholes. They make crap TV show on DVD
    >releases. If you can't see this then you're a retarded fuckhead.

    Hahahaa... You're a bigger goddamned joke than the OP is! You are truly
    pathetic, really.
    Archimedes' Lever, Aug 10, 2007
  9. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >what do you think?

    When i see names like Universal, I see the one asshole company holding out on
    blu ray.
    GMAN, Aug 10, 2007
  10. On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:41:29 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, wrote:
    >>When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >>what do you think?
    >>

    >When i see names like Universal, I see the one asshole company holding out on
    >blu ray.

    When I see the name GMAN on a Usenet post, I see one of the biggest
    retards posting in a.v.d!
    Archimedes' Lever, Aug 11, 2007
  11. teem Guest

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:59:12 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:41:29 GMT, (GMAN)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, wrote:
    >>>When I see names like Universal, I think of the magic of the movies -
    >>>what do you think?
    >>>

    >>When i see names like Universal, I see the one asshole company holding out on
    >>blu ray.

    > When I see the name GMAN on a Usenet post, I see one of the biggest
    >retards posting in a.v.d!

    I know what you mean,but now theres like 2 other compainies after the
    main ,morgan Creek,Village Roadshow,what's real,the big 4 movie
    companies are just distubuting these smaller film outfits.
    teem, Aug 15, 2007