I sure hope so...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jufí, Aug 6, 2008.

  1. Jufí

    Jufí Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3767
    >
    > Olympus and Panasonic have announced a new camera standard with no
    > mirror, EVF and interchangeable lenses. The days of the DSLR are counted
    > - it's just a matter of time before (most) other manufacturers will
    > follow and introduce EVIL cameras (EVF + interchangeable lenses). Most
    > likely the swinging mirror will survive only in a small niche of
    > cameras.
    >
    > The main issue in my opinion is the AF system, i.e. how to get a fast AF
    > system without the mirror (the phase AF seems to need a mirror). As for
    > resolution and refresh speed of the EVF I would expect the EVFs to
    > quickly improve, although already now they are good enough for most
    > purposes (ever tried to manually focus through an optical viewfinder?).

    No question, if they can offer a camera the size of the G9 with the image
    quality of current 4/3 units, they will have a huge hit (sales) on their
    hands. And if they can offer DSLR performance, the whole game will change. I
    sure hope they succeed!
    Jufí, Aug 6, 2008