I suddenly have 2 versions of Firefox???

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by TheCroW, Feb 26, 2007.

  1. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    Okay, maybe this is cause of some problems. The day before yesterday I
    updated FF 2.0.0.1 to FF 2.0.0.2 through the automated FF Update. Since then
    FF is running weird and my firewall is making weird comments about FF.
    Turns out that suddenly I have 2 firefox.exe. I have one dir where my
    original FF was and there is firefox.exe. But within that dir there is now a
    dir called Mozilla Firefox and in there, there is a complete new firfox
    install including another firefox.exe.
    Turns out that somehow FF 2.0.0.1 is still completly installed on my PC and
    so is FF 2.0.0.2. Don't know how, the update was done like I said after a
    notice that the update was there and I clicked OK to install.
    I de-installed FF 2.0.0.1 through the Software part of the Windows Controle
    Panel, both FF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 were listed there. Sounds weird but that
    is what happend.
    Now all looks okay again: FF is loading fast as usual and the CPU load is
    also normal again (that was yesterday very slow and 70% use of my Dual Core
    AMD CPU).

    --
    Menno
    =====================

    TheCroW, Feb 26, 2007

  2. TheCroW wrote:
    > Okay, maybe this is cause of some problems. The day before yesterday I
    > updated FF 2.0.0.1 to FF 2.0.0.2 through the automated FF Update. Since then
    > FF is running weird and my firewall is making weird comments about FF.
    > Turns out that suddenly I have 2 firefox.exe. I have one dir where my
    > original FF was and there is firefox.exe. But within that dir there is now a
    > dir called Mozilla Firefox and in there, there is a complete new firfox
    > install including another firefox.exe.
    > Turns out that somehow FF 2.0.0.1 is still completly installed on my PC and
    > so is FF 2.0.0.2. Don't know how, the update was done like I said after a
    > notice that the update was there and I clicked OK to install.
    > I de-installed FF 2.0.0.1 through the Software part of the Windows Controle
    > Panel, both FF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 were listed there. Sounds weird but that
    > is what happend.
    > Now all looks okay again: FF is loading fast as usual and the CPU load is
    > also normal again (that was yesterday very slow and 70% use of my Dual Core
    > AMD CPU).

    Did you allow the update to fully install.. did you do a restart?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 26, 2007

  3. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    >> Okay, maybe this is cause of some problems. The day before yesterday I
    >> updated FF 2.0.0.1 to FF 2.0.0.2 through the automated FF Update. Since
    >> then FF is running weird and my firewall is making weird comments about
    >> FF.
    >> Turns out that suddenly I have 2 firefox.exe. I have one dir where my
    >> original FF was and there is firefox.exe. But within that dir there is
    >> now a dir called Mozilla Firefox and in there, there is a complete new
    >> firfox install including another firefox.exe.
    >> Turns out that somehow FF 2.0.0.1 is still completly installed on my PC
    >> and so is FF 2.0.0.2. Don't know how, the update was done like I said
    >> after a notice that the update was there and I clicked OK to install.
    >> I de-installed FF 2.0.0.1 through the Software part of the Windows
    >> Controle Panel, both FF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 were listed there. Sounds
    >> weird but that is what happend.
    >> Now all looks okay again: FF is loading fast as usual and the CPU load is
    >> also normal again (that was yesterday very slow and 70% use of my Dual
    >> Core AMD CPU).
    >>

    > Did you allow the update to fully install.. did you do a restart?

    Yes, a full auto update. And although no restart was asked, I did restart my
    system then.

    Menno

    TheCroW, Feb 27, 2007
  4. TheCroW wrote:
    >>> Okay, maybe this is cause of some problems. The day before yesterday I
    >>> updated FF 2.0.0.1 to FF 2.0.0.2 through the automated FF Update. Since
    >>> then FF is running weird and my firewall is making weird comments about
    >>> FF.
    >>> Turns out that suddenly I have 2 firefox.exe. I have one dir where my
    >>> original FF was and there is firefox.exe. But within that dir there is
    >>> now a dir called Mozilla Firefox and in there, there is a complete new
    >>> firfox install including another firefox.exe.
    >>> Turns out that somehow FF 2.0.0.1 is still completly installed on my PC
    >>> and so is FF 2.0.0.2. Don't know how, the update was done like I said
    >>> after a notice that the update was there and I clicked OK to install.
    >>> I de-installed FF 2.0.0.1 through the Software part of the Windows
    >>> Controle Panel, both FF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 were listed there. Sounds
    >>> weird but that is what happend.
    >>> Now all looks okay again: FF is loading fast as usual and the CPU load is
    >>> also normal again (that was yesterday very slow and 70% use of my Dual
    >>> Core AMD CPU).
    >>>

    >> Did you allow the update to fully install.. did you do a restart?
    >>

    > Yes, a full auto update. And although no restart was asked, I did restart my
    > system then.
    >
    > Menno

    As I recall, it required a restrart (program restart). This would
    indicate that for some reason your update didnt fully install.

    I would sugget that you download the current installer, delete the
    programs you now have, and re-install

    Your data will not be affectted as it is stored in another place from
    your program.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 27, 2007
  5. TheCroW

    Type QWERTY Guest

    On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:53:17 +0100, "TheCroW" <>
    wrote:

    >Okay, maybe this is cause of some problems. The day before yesterday I
    >updated FF 2.0.0.1 to FF 2.0.0.2 through the automated FF Update. Since then
    >FF is running weird and my firewall is making weird comments about FF.
    >Turns out that suddenly I have 2 firefox.exe. I have one dir where my
    >original FF was and there is firefox.exe. But within that dir there is now a
    >dir called Mozilla Firefox and in there, there is a complete new firfox
    >install including another firefox.exe.
    >Turns out that somehow FF 2.0.0.1 is still completly installed on my PC and
    >so is FF 2.0.0.2. Don't know how, the update was done like I said after a
    >notice that the update was there and I clicked OK to install.
    >I de-installed FF 2.0.0.1 through the Software part of the Windows Controle
    >Panel, both FF 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 were listed there. Sounds weird but that
    >is what happend.
    >Now all looks okay again: FF is loading fast as usual and the CPU load is
    >also normal again (that was yesterday very slow and 70% use of my Dual Core
    >AMD CPU).

    I hope you know that running two versions at the same time will cause
    your CPU to overheat and self destruct, or even possibly cause a fire.
    Shut your computer off immediately and dont turn it back on until you
    remove one of them. This is a serious matter. Not only is your
    computer at risk, but so is your life and your home and family. Shut
    it off NOW.

    Type QWERTY, Feb 28, 2007
  6. TheCroW

    John Guest

    After reading your post I checked my FireFox upgrade to 2.0.0.2. I also had
    version 2.0.0.1 still installed. Perhaps this might explain why 2.0.0.2 has
    appeared to have problems since installation.

    John, Mar 4, 2007