    the older version, so that's what made me wonder.

    Thanks,
    Bundy

    Vince F. Bundy, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Vince F. Bundy

    Mike Davis Guest

    "Vince F. Bundy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just curious...is this the uncut version? I already own a DVD of this
    > movie, released a few years back which definitely is the uncut
    > version, but on the newer Millennium Edition, it never actually uses
    > the words "uncut version," so far as I can see. I'm upgrading to the
    > Millennium Edition since there's a director's commentary, but I want
    > to make sure it's the same version as the earlier DVD.
    >
    > Curiously, the newer Millennium Edition runs about $5-6 cheaper than
    > the older version, so that's what made me wonder.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bundy

    Bundy,
    Yes indeed the ME is the uncut version of the film and certainly not for
    the faint of heart <ggg.> The real jewel in this package is the Joe Bob
    Briggs commentary. It is worth the price of admission alone and is one of my
    favorite commentaries availible on any disc.
    You'll love it. All the best, Mike

    Mike Davis, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Vince F. Bundy

    HappyHunter Guest

    >Bundy,
    > Yes indeed the ME is the uncut version of the film and certainly not for
    >the faint of heart <ggg.> The real jewel in this package is the Joe Bob
    >Briggs commentary. It is worth the price of admission alone and is one of my
    >favorite commentaries availible on any disc.
    > You'll love it. All the best, Mike

    I second that. I absolutely loved Joe Bob's commentary - very
    entertaining and enlightening - he alone convinced me that this movie
    was indeed a feminist rather than anti-feminist piece. Even the
    director's own commentary about his reasons for doing it etc left me
    not entirely convinced.

    I loved his commentary so much, in fact, I bought 2 of his books off
    ebay the next day (I loved them too!).

    Yay, Joe Bob!

    HappyHunter, Jan 4, 2004
  4. HappyHunter wrote:

    > I second that. I absolutely loved Joe Bob's commentary - very
    > entertaining and enlightening - he alone convinced me that this movie
    > was indeed a feminist rather than anti-feminist piece. Even the
    > director's own commentary about his reasons for doing it etc left me
    > not entirely convinced.
    >
    > I loved his commentary so much, in fact, I bought 2 of his books off
    > ebay the next day (I loved them too!).
    >
    > Yay, Joe Bob!

    And despite Joe's longstanding connections to ISOYG, any chance of a
    *third* Elite JBB commentary, for all us "Jesse James Meets
    Frankenstein's Daughter" commentary fans?

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jan 5, 2004