    started working fine but few bottom keys on which water was spilled
    are still not working. Please advice me what to do.

    ==============

    moonslight, Sep 2, 2004

  2. moonslight

    philo Guest

    "moonslight" <-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I spilled water on my toshiba laptop keyboard. Then i try to dry it
    > for 12 hours by taking battery and adaptor and all drives out. so it
    > started working fine but few bottom keys on which water was spilled
    > are still not working. Please advice me what to do.

    it can take a lot longer than 12 hours for it to dry out...
    you may want to use a hair drier on the low setting

    philo, Sep 2, 2004

  3. moonslight

    gruffydd Guest

    is WD40 any good?

    gruffydd, Sep 2, 2004
  4. moonslight

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:48:48 +0000 (UTC), "gruffydd"
    <> wrote:

    >is WD40 any good?

    Buy a new keyboard and next time keep your water on another desk or
    table. It it still works I would be amazed.
    joevan

    joevan, Sep 2, 2004
  5. moonslight

    Andy Guest

    Best not try and type with both hands,as it allways causes a spilage!!

    > I spilled water on my toshiba laptop keyboard. Then i try to dry it
    > for 12 hours by taking battery and adaptor and all drives out. so it
    > started working fine but few bottom keys on which water was spilled
    > are still not working. Please advice me what to do.
    >
    > ==============

    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Andy, Sep 2, 2004
  6. moonslight

    Duane Arnold Guest

    moonslight wrote:

    > I spilled water on my toshiba laptop keyboard. Then i try to dry it
    > for 12 hours by taking battery and adaptor and all drives out. so it
    > started working fine but few bottom keys on which water was spilled
    > are still not working. Please advice me what to do.
    >
    > ==============
    > troubleshooting newsgroups.

    I did that to my Compaq laptop spilled some water on the keyboard and some
    keys stopped working. You may need to send the laptop in for repairs, which
    is what I had to do.

    --
    Duane :)

    I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# $$,$$$,$$$,$$9.99

    Duane Arnold, Sep 2, 2004
  7. moonslight

    Steven Guest

    i ususally buy the parts off ebay depending what age your laptop is, if a
    keybord replacement doesent fix it the main bord etc inside is probly
    knackerd...

    Steven, Sep 3, 2004