I recommend a very good free picture website

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by picturegoogl, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. picturegoogl

    picturegoogl Guest

    picturegoogl, Oct 13, 2006

  2. picturegoogl

    Roy G Guest

    "picturegoogl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I recommend a very good free picture website,
    > havethe animal picture, the flowers and plants picture,
    > thetransportation, the background picture,

    AND exactly who are You???
    Why should we pay any attention to anything you say.
    Roy G, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Roy G wrote:
    > AND exactly who are You???
    > Why should we pay any attention to anything you say.

    For crying out loud Roy, give it a rest will you?!

    We /know/ they're spammers, so we don't need you to point it out for
    each and every one of them.

    The spammers /don't/ come back to check your replies. You're not
    starting any dialogue with them and they don't care what you think. They
    just dump their posts to the group(s) and move on.

    If you must follow up these posts, send your response to the abuse
    address in the post header, not the targeted group. You're making almost
    as much noise as the spammers!
    Derek Fountain, Oct 13, 2006
  4. Derek Fountain wrote:
    > Roy G wrote:
    >> AND exactly who are You???
    >> Why should we pay any attention to anything you say.

    > For crying out loud Roy, give it a rest will you?!
    >
    > We /know/ they're spammers, so we don't need you to point it out for
    > each and every one of them.
    >
    > The spammers /don't/ come back to check your replies. You're not
    > starting any dialogue with them and they don't care what you think. They
    > just dump their posts to the group(s) and move on.
    >
    > If you must follow up these posts, send your response to the abuse
    > address in the post header, not the targeted group. You're making almost
    > as much noise as the spammers!

    Actually, I've come to appreciate Roy's notes, as I know it's somewhere
    I don't want to go.

    Mileage varies, to state the obvious.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 13, 2006
  5. > Actually, I've come to appreciate Roy's notes, as I know it's somewhere
    > I don't want to go.

    You need someone to tell you that a posting is advertising spam?
    Otherwise you'll visit it to see if it's of interest to you? Wow, you
    must spend an awful long time going through your email inbox each day...
    Derek Fountain, Oct 13, 2006
  6. Derek Fountain wrote:
    >> Actually, I've come to appreciate Roy's notes, as I know it's
    >> somewhere I don't want to go.

    > You need someone to tell you that a posting is advertising spam?

    No.

    > Otherwise you'll visit it to see if it's of interest to you?

    No.

    Wow, you
    > must spend an awful long time going through your email inbox each day...

    Are you obtuse or is this meant to have a smiley along with it? Your
    first two sentences are merely insulting, and the third is a conclusion
    of dubious merit even if the first two were correct.

    --
    lsmft
    John McWilliams, Oct 13, 2006
  7. picturegoogl

    Bill K Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Derek Fountain wrote:
    > >> Actually, I've come to appreciate Roy's notes, as I know it's
    > >> somewhere I don't want to go.

    > > You need someone to tell you that a posting is advertising spam?

    > No.
    >
    > > Otherwise you'll visit it to see if it's of interest to you?

    > No.
    >
    > Wow, you
    > > must spend an awful long time going through your email inbox each day...

    > Are you obtuse or is this meant to have a smiley along with it? Your
    > first two sentences are merely insulting, and the third is a conclusion
    > of dubious merit even if the first two were correct.
    >
    > --
    > lsmft

    Although I'm as obtuse as they come I agree with John. I like Roy's
    comments. He's actually very nice for a GOM and a good photographer to
    boot. Keep it up, Roy.
    --
    Bill
    Bill K, Oct 13, 2006
  8. > Are you obtuse or is this meant to have a smiley along with it? Your
    > first two sentences are merely insulting, and the third is a conclusion
    > of dubious merit even if the first two were correct.

    I'm incredulous that anyone would actually find it useful that someone
    goes through a usenet group pointing out all the spam posts.

    But it wasn't my intention to cause offence, so apologies if I did.

    --
    http://www.derekfountain.org/
    Derek Fountain, Oct 14, 2006
  9. picturegoogl

    John Turco Guest

    Bill K wrote:

> [...]

    <edited, for brevity>

    > Although I'm as obtuse as they come I agree with John. I like Roy's
    > comments. He's actually very nice for a GOM and a good photographer to
    > boot. Keep it up, Roy.
    > --
    > Bill

    Hello, Bill: