    Regards
    Tony
    , May 6, 2007

  2. John Barnes Guest

    Have you checked to see that System Restore is turned on for the drive you
    need in System Properties. Are you on a domain or network or just a local
    computer? Have you installed the Group Policy snap-in in the Management
    Console.

    John Barnes, May 6, 2007

  3. Open Group Policy Editor. Type the following in Run: gpedit.msc
    Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> System
    Restore. Check status for "Turn off System Restore".
    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, May 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 6 May 2007 04:54:18 -0700, "John Barnes" <>
    wrote:
    Hi I am just a local computer the computer set me up as the
    administrator when I re -installed.

    How do you install the Group Policy snap-in and how do you check that
    the c: drive is turned on.
    Thanks
    >Have you checked to see that System Restore is turned on for the drive you
    >need in System Properties. Are you on a domain or network or just a local
    >computer? Have you installed the Group Policy snap-in in the Management
    >Console.
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi thanks for reading my message. I am running the 64bit version of
    >> Windows XP Pro and am having problems with the System Restore not
    >> working correctly. The system is all up to date with windows updates
    >> and I am logged in as the administrator. I have searched all over the
    >> Internet and can't find an answer to my problem, even on the Microsoft
    >> site everything they tell me to do is not available.
    >> This is the message I get when I run System Restore from the System
    >> Tools menus "SYSTEM RESTORE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF BY GROUP POLICY"
    >> TO TURN ON SYSTEM RESTORE CONTACT YOUR DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR. That is
    >> ME. All the help and information I have looked at referes to Windows
    >> XP Pro and I can't find any information reference the 64 bit version.
    >> I hope you can help me solve this problem.
    >> Regards
    >> Tony
    , May 6, 2007
  5. John Barnes Guest

    Go to system properties/system restore and make sure you have the drive
    checked. Follow Maratonmannen's advice and the snap-in should be installed
    if it isn't already there.

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 6 May 2007 04:54:18 -0700, "John Barnes" <>
    > wrote:
    > Hi I am just a local computer the computer set me up as the
    > administrator when I re -installed.
    >
    > How do you install the Group Policy snap-in and how do you check that
    > the c: drive is turned on.
    > Thanks
    >>Have you checked to see that System Restore is turned on for the drive you
    >>need in System Properties. Are you on a domain or network or just a
    >>local
    >>computer? Have you installed the Group Policy snap-in in the Management
    >>Console.
    >>
    >><> wrote in message
    >>> Hi thanks for reading my message. I am running the 64bit version of
    >>> Windows XP Pro and am having problems with the System Restore not
    >>> working correctly. The system is all up to date with windows updates
    >>> and I am logged in as the administrator. I have searched all over the
    >>> Internet and can't find an answer to my problem, even on the Microsoft
    >>> site everything they tell me to do is not available.
    >>> This is the message I get when I run System Restore from the System
    >>> Tools menus "SYSTEM RESTORE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF BY GROUP POLICY"
    >>> TO TURN ON SYSTEM RESTORE CONTACT YOUR DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR. That is
    >>> ME. All the help and information I have looked at referes to Windows
    >>> XP Pro and I can't find any information reference the 64 bit version.
    >>> I hope you can help me solve this problem.
    >>> Regards
    >>> Tony
    John Barnes, May 6, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Sun, 6 May 2007 04:54:18 -0700, "John Barnes" <>
    wrote:
    Thanks to everone who replied to my plea for help it is now sorted.
    Thank you very much. Tony

    >Have you checked to see that System Restore is turned on for the drive you
    >need in System Properties. Are you on a domain or network or just a local
    >computer? Have you installed the Group Policy snap-in in the Management
    >Console.
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi thanks for reading my message. I am running the 64bit version of
    >> Windows XP Pro and am having problems with the System Restore not
    >> working correctly. The system is all up to date with windows updates
    >> and I am logged in as the administrator. I have searched all over the
    >> Internet and can't find an answer to my problem, even on the Microsoft
    >> site everything they tell me to do is not available.
    >> This is the message I get when I run System Restore from the System
    >> Tools menus "SYSTEM RESTORE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF BY GROUP POLICY"
    >> TO TURN ON SYSTEM RESTORE CONTACT YOUR DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR. That is
    >> ME. All the help and information I have looked at referes to Windows
    >> XP Pro and I can't find any information reference the 64 bit version.
    >> I hope you can help me solve this problem.
    >> Regards
    >> Tony
    , May 7, 2007
  7. Guest