    me your feedback?

    --
    Building Applications for the Future

    =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWE=?=, May 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWE=?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    I felt this way for a long time...if you carry on this way you will never
    take any exam.

    So my suggestions are to book yourself in for your first exam in say 4 weeks
    time as this gives you a deadline to work to.

    I suggest taking the exam you are strongest at first and give yourself the 4
    weeks to brush-up and get stronger on those exam objectives. Once you pass
    your first Microsoft exam, you will be wondering what all the fuss was
    about!

    Good luck and let us know how you get on and what route you decide to take.
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, May 25, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmF2aWE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Navia,

    It appears to me from your post that you are preparing to give the
    70-300 exam, and that you have already given a few MCP exams.

    I did feel the same way while doing case studies for this exam. My
    strategy for tackling practice case studies was to make a note of the
    salient points under the following heads (Some might prove unnecessary,
    according to the case study):

    1. Current System
    2. Problems with current system.
    3. Envisioned System.
    4. Users.
    5. Other points / Misc.

    Similarly, you can make your own headings and quickly summarize each
    section of the case study. When you break it up like that, it doesn't
    appear that formidable.

    Here's another tip for handling Case studies from Victor Stachura,
    whose blog page seems to be inaccesible, so I'll post the content here
    :
    ///
    The best thing you can do is read a case study and without looking at
    the practice questions do the following:

    - Itemize the requirements - understand what modules / components need
    to be developed
    - Determine which technology(ies) you would use in the solution
    - Determine the security scheme you would use
    - Chart out the use case - determine the actors & business entities
    - Map out the data model - identify parent/child relationships
    - Determine the Primary & foreign keys
    - Itemize any risks & constraints
    - Produce a context diagram / data flow diagram of the solution
    - Understand the deliverables of the MSF phases.

    Only when you've done the above, should you go through the questions on
    your practice exam. Compare your analysis to the "correct" answers. If
    you can do this on your own and score well on a practice exam, then you
    are ready for the real test.

    Vic
    MATRIX Learning Solutions
    www.matrixlearningsolutions.com