I POD OPINION PLEASE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom Tricep, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    Due to a great write up, I bought a Zen Micro MP3 player. After
    setting it up, it sounded great , but froze on the 3 rd day, never to
    be revived.

    Took it back , got an Ipod mini. Clearly, the software is superior.
    The ergonomics are better as well. However, the sound quality sucks. I
    have manipulated the i-tunes tonal quality, and it is better, but bass
    response is tinny.

    Question: is this the sucky Ipod ear phones, or is the sound quality
    of the IPOD inferior to the Zen Micro?

    Using some Sony ear phones I got a little better sound, but I would
    like the Zen Micro quality.

    If it is the ear phones, can you recommend ones that rock?

    Thanks in advance!

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Tom Tricep

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It could also be the MP3 quality.

    pcbutts1, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Tom Tricep

    old jon Guest

    "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    > Due to a great write up, I bought a Zen Micro MP3 player. After
    > setting it up, it sounded great , but froze on the 3 rd day, never to
    > be revived.
    >
    > Took it back , got an Ipod mini. Clearly, the software is superior.
    > The ergonomics are better as well. However, the sound quality sucks. I
    > have manipulated the i-tunes tonal quality, and it is better, but bass
    > response is tinny.
    >
    > Question: is this the sucky Ipod ear phones, or is the sound quality
    > of the IPOD inferior to the Zen Micro?
    >
    > Using some Sony ear phones I got a little better sound, but I would
    > like the Zen Micro quality.
    >
    > If it is the ear phones, can you recommend ones that rock?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    My daughter uses earphones called Sennheiser, I haven`t heard them myself
    yet, but she says they are Great. The best you can get says she. Take your
    ipod with you, and tell the salesperson you`ll buy them when you`ve tried
    them. <g>.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Tom Tricep

    Bud Light Guest

    "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    > Due to a great write up, I bought a Zen Micro MP3 player. After
    > setting it up, it sounded great , but froze on the 3 rd day, never to
    > be revived.
    >
    > Took it back , got an Ipod mini. Clearly, the software is superior.
    > The ergonomics are better as well. However, the sound quality sucks. I
    > have manipulated the i-tunes tonal quality, and it is better, but bass
    > response is tinny.
    >
    > Question: is this the sucky Ipod ear phones, or is the sound quality
    > of the IPOD inferior to the Zen Micro?
    >
    > Using some Sony ear phones I got a little better sound, but I would
    > like the Zen Micro quality.
    >
    > If it is the ear phones, can you recommend ones that rock?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Tom Tricep

    If you're using ear-bud headphones make sure you have the cushions. They
    had to the base. You make also wish to set the equalization setting to
    "Rock" for a bassier sound. Or just set the option to "Bass".

    Bud Light, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Tom Tricep

    ftran999 Guest

    "Tom Tricep" <> wrote in message
    > Due to a great write up, I bought a Zen Micro MP3 player. After
    > setting it up, it sounded great , but froze on the 3 rd day, never to
    > be revived.
    >
    > Took it back , got an Ipod mini. Clearly, the software is superior.
    > The ergonomics are better as well. However, the sound quality sucks. I
    > have manipulated the i-tunes tonal quality, and it is better, but bass
    > response is tinny.
    >
    > Question: is this the sucky Ipod ear phones, or is the sound quality
    > of the IPOD inferior to the Zen Micro?
    >
    > Using some Sony ear phones I got a little better sound, but I would
    > like the Zen Micro quality.
    >
    > If it is the ear phones, can you recommend ones that rock?

    Sennheiser px100

    ftran999, Aug 1, 2005