I-pod Nano not connecting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Hi all

    I bought a 4gb Nano today, i installed the software correctly and updated to
    the latest version of i-tunes.

    The problem is when i connect my nano to the pc using the supplied usb
    connector, i-tunes doesn't recognise it as connected, so i can't export any
    music at all.

    The help files sugests that i have a lower speed usb ports than the required
    2.0 format. But my m/b is an Abit KV7 and the specs says it is usb 2.0?

    I've uninstalled the software a couple of times now, but still no luck.

    How the hell do i get it to work?

    TIA

    Using Win XP pro.

    --
    Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

    Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Jimbob

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:02:57 +0000, Jimbob wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I bought a 4gb Nano today, i installed the software correctly and updated to
    > the latest version of i-tunes.
    >
    > The problem is when i connect my nano to the pc using the supplied usb
    > connector, i-tunes doesn't recognise it as connected, so i can't export any
    > music at all.
    >
    > The help files sugests that i have a lower speed usb ports than the required
    > 2.0 format. But my m/b is an Abit KV7 and the specs says it is usb 2.0?
    >
    > I've uninstalled the software a couple of times now, but still no luck.
    >
    > How the hell do i get it to work?

    Maybe something is wrong with it or the USB cable.

    Meat Plow, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Jimbob

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I've uninstalled the software a couple of times now

    If you uninstalled the software, don't forget to reinstall it again.

    --
    Your mother was an objectionable savage who ate rats in closets.

    John Holmes, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    John Holmes crawled off his mum to spurt:

    > If you uninstalled the software, don't forget to reinstall it again.

    Words of wisdom.

    Jimbob, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Jimbob

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes crawled off his mum to spurt:
    >
    >> If you uninstalled the software, don't forget to reinstall it again.

    > Words of wisdom.

    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be-heeeee..

    --
    Your mother was a short-sighted animal rights protester who used to drink
    vodka-orange in a swinger's club.

    John Holmes, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Jimbob

    Aardvark Guest

    "Jimbob" <richard.(REMOVE)burkinshaw@(REMOVE)gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I bought a 4gb Nano today, i installed the software correctly and updated
    > the latest version of i-tunes.
    >
    > The problem is when i connect my nano to the pc using the supplied usb
    > connector, i-tunes doesn't recognise it as connected, so i can't export
    > any
    > music at all.
    >
    > The help files sugests that i have a lower speed usb ports than the
    > required
    > 2.0 format. But my m/b is an Abit KV7 and the specs says it is usb 2.0?
    >
    > I've uninstalled the software a couple of times now, but still no luck.
    >
    > How the hell do i get it to work?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Using Win XP pro.
    >
    > --
    > Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

    My daughter got an iPod for Christmas and we had exactly the same problem. A
    visit to the Apple/iPod knowledge base on their website gave me the answer.

    Unfortunately it was three months ago and I've slept since then and so can't
    remember how I fixed the problem, but it wouldn't do any harm reading their
    help FAQ.

    Aardvark, Mar 23, 2006
  7. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    > My daughter got an iPod for Christmas and we had exactly the same
    > problem. A visit to the Apple/iPod knowledge base on their website
    > gave me the answer.
    > Unfortunately it was three months ago and I've slept since then and
    > so can't remember how I fixed the problem

    Argh ;)

    > but it wouldn't do any harm reading their help FAQ.

    Have been doing alot of that, but still working through it.

    Cheers.

    Jimbob, Mar 23, 2006