    on the A T &T system.

    If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change the
    sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.

    brenda, Jan 14, 2008

  2. brenda

    meerkat Guest

    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/iphone-faqs.jsp

    meerkat, Jan 14, 2008

  3. brenda

    brenda Guest

    I can buy an IPHONE in New York next week for far less than in the UK and
    has more features.
    If I buy the phone in the USA I want to be able to use it in the UK with an
    02 sim card.

    brenda, Jan 14, 2008
  4. brenda

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Jan 14, 2008
  5. brenda

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:25:03 GMT, "brenda" <>
    wrote:

    >I can buy an IPHONE in New York next week for far less than in the UK and
    >has more features.
    >If I buy the phone in the USA I want to be able to use it in the UK with an
    >02 sim card.

    You'd need to get the iPhone unlocked.

    Evan Platt, Jan 14, 2008
  6. brenda

    Guest

    "brenda" <> wrote:

    >Does the American I Phone locked to A T &T have a sim card ?.
    >
    >If I buy a UK I Phone and take it to America I assume it will work but only
    >on the A T &T system.
    >
    >If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change the
    >sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.

    Google:
    iphone unlock site:digg.com

    The major issue being each iphone update disables the latest unlocker.

    --

    http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/Isuzu.htm

    , Jan 14, 2008
  7. brenda

    ded Guest

    "brenda" <> wrote in message
    >I can buy an IPHONE in New York next week for far less than in the UK and
    > has more features.
    > If I buy the phone in the USA I want to be able to use it in the UK with
    > an
    > 02 sim card.
    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:32:19 GMT, "brenda" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Does the American I Phone locked to A T &T have a sim card ?.

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> >If I buy a UK I Phone and take it to America I assume it will work but

    > only
    >> >on the A T &T system.

    >> It depends on if the phone is locked or not.
    >>
    >> >If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change

    > the
    >> >sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> What are you trying to do?
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    The iPhone is an over-priced low specification cell phone,
    it isn't 3g, it is only a 2mg camera with poor flash resulting
    in red-eye, mediocre music replay etc. The replacement is
    due out in april, so the iPhone is basically obsolete already!
    The problem that will result with what you intend is that the
    dictator Mr Jobs empire releases updates that disable unlocked
    iPhones, it is an ongoing battle between the hackers and Mr Jobs,
    currently the unlock hackers have the upper hand with the
    latest tools, but the dictator Jobs empire always counters.
    For full info just google: unlocked iPhone
    The biggest no-no to what you intend is that the momment
    you have the sissy iPhone unlocked the warranty is invalidated.
    Buy a better spec Nokia or Sony Ericcsson for a fraction of the
    price of a girly iPhone.

    ded, Jan 14, 2008
  8. brenda

    Mitch Guest

    In article <n8Mij.28802$>, brenda
    <> wrote:

    > Does the American I Phone locked to A T &T have a sim card ?.
    >
    > If I buy a UK I Phone and take it to America I assume it will work but only
    > on the A T &T system.
    >
    > If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change the
    > sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.
    >

    > > The iPhone is an over-priced low specification cell phone,
    > > it isn't 3g, it is only a 2mg camera with poor flash resulting
    > > in red-eye, mediocre music replay etc. The replacement is
    > > due out in april, so the iPhone is basically obsolete already!
    > > The problem that will result with what you intend is that the
    > > dictator Mr Jobs empire releases updates that disable unlocked
    > > iPhones, it is an ongoing battle between the hackers and Mr Jobs,
    > > currently the unlock hackers have the upper hand with the
    > > latest tools, but the dictator Jobs empire always counters.
    > > For full info just google: unlocked iPhone
    > > The biggest no-no to what you intend is that the momment
    > > you have the sissy iPhone unlocked the warranty is invalidated.
    > > Buy a better spec Nokia or Sony Ericcsson for a fraction of the
    > > price of a girly iPhone.

    Obviously, you can ignore silly nonsense like the rant shown; it's
    mostly wrong, makes stupid conclusions, and chooses to spout off
    attitudes and propaganda-for-dummies rather than information.
    This moron works too hard to make criticisms, and apparently doesn't
    understand the device at all.

    It's a very decent phone with very decent features and an impressive,
    enjoyable, and very well-designed set of features. If you want a good
    music player, a great video player, a fantastic image browser, a very
    good internet device, basic PDA functions, and a stylish phone, the
    iPhone is a GREAT choice.
    I expect you'll have no problem changing SIMs. Yes, it has a SIM slot.
    But you'd better check the Web sites to see if that is all you would
    need; I don't recall anyone commenting about actually doing it.

    Mitch, Jan 16, 2008
  9. brenda

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-01-16, Mitch <> wrote:
    > In article <n8Mij.28802$>, brenda
    > <> wrote:

    [...]

    > Obviously, you can ignore silly nonsense like the rant shown; it's
    > mostly wrong, makes stupid conclusions, and chooses to spout off
    > attitudes and propaganda-for-dummies rather than information.
    > This moron works too hard to make criticisms, and apparently doesn't
    > understand the device at all.
    >
    > It's a very decent phone with very decent features and an impressive,
    > enjoyable, and very well-designed set of features. If you want a good
    > music player, a great video player, a fantastic image browser, a very
    > good internet device, basic PDA functions, and a stylish phone, the
    > iPhone is a GREAT choice.
    > I expect you'll have no problem changing SIMs. Yes, it has a SIM slot.
    > But you'd better check the Web sites to see if that is all you would
    > need; I don't recall anyone commenting about actually doing it.

    Opinion seems to be divided; over here in Europe (including the UK) it
    isn't quite such a wild success as in the US, as we already have a wide
    range of powerful flexible mobile phone hardware and services.
    <http://www.yourmobilephonereviews.co.uk/apple_iphone_reviews.htm>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 16, 2008
  10. brenda

    Big Hooters Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <n8Mij.28802$>, brenda
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Does the American I Phone locked to A T &T have a sim card ?.
    >>
    >> If I buy a UK I Phone and take it to America I assume it will work but
    >> only
    >> on the A T &T system.
    >>
    >> If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change
    >> the
    >> sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.
    >>

    >> > The iPhone is an over-priced low specification cell phone,
    >> > it isn't 3g, it is only a 2mg camera with poor flash resulting
    >> > in red-eye, mediocre music replay etc. The replacement is
    >> > due out in april, so the iPhone is basically obsolete already!
    >> > The problem that will result with what you intend is that the
    >> > dictator Mr Jobs empire releases updates that disable unlocked
    >> > iPhones, it is an ongoing battle between the hackers and Mr Jobs,
    >> > currently the unlock hackers have the upper hand with the
    >> > latest tools, but the dictator Jobs empire always counters.
    >> > For full info just google: unlocked iPhone
    >> > The biggest no-no to what you intend is that the momment
    >> > you have the sissy iPhone unlocked the warranty is invalidated.
    >> > Buy a better spec Nokia or Sony Ericcsson for a fraction of the
    >> > price of a girly iPhone.
    >> >

    > Obviously, you can ignore silly nonsense like the rant shown; it's
    > mostly wrong, makes stupid conclusions, and chooses to spout off
    > attitudes and propaganda-for-dummies rather than information.
    > This moron works too hard to make criticisms, and apparently doesn't
    > understand the device at all.

    I understand the device and it is shit.

    > It's a very decent phone with very decent features and an impressive,
    > enjoyable, and very well-designed set of features. If you want a good
    > music player, a great video player, a fantastic image browser, a very
    > good internet device, basic PDA functions, and a stylish phone, the
    > iPhone is a GREAT choice.

    No it's not. there are far better choices at half the price.

    > I expect you'll have no problem changing SIMs. Yes, it has a SIM slot.
    > But you'd better check the Web sites to see if that is all you would
    > need; I don't recall anyone commenting about actually doing it.

    It cannot be done on a locked iphone. unlocked iphones as explained are not
    covered by the warranty. Are you Mitch one of those apple salesmen who join
    forums and subversively promote apple shit. I think you are.

    Big Hooters, Jan 16, 2008
  11. brenda

    ded Guest

    "Big Hooters" <> wrote in message

    > "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <n8Mij.28802$>, brenda
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does the American I Phone locked to A T &T have a sim card ?.
    >>>
    >>> If I buy a UK I Phone and take it to America I assume it will work but
    >>> only
    >>> on the A T &T system.
    >>>
    >>> If the American I Phone has a sim card then I assume I can just change
    >>> the
    >>> sim but thinking oh dear I would provably need a contract in the USA.

    >> Obviously, you can ignore silly nonsense like the rant shown; it's
    >> mostly wrong, makes stupid conclusions, and chooses to spout off
    >> attitudes and propaganda-for-dummies rather than information.
    >> This moron works too hard to make criticisms, and apparently doesn't
    >> understand the device at all.
    >>

    > I understand the device and it is shit.
    >
    >> It's a very decent phone with very decent features and an impressive,
    >> enjoyable, and very well-designed set of features. If you want a good
    >> music player, a great video player, a fantastic image browser, a very
    >> good internet device, basic PDA functions, and a stylish phone, the
    >> iPhone is a GREAT choice.

    > No it's not. there are far better choices at half the price.
    >
    >> I expect you'll have no problem changing SIMs. Yes, it has a SIM slot.
    >> But you'd better check the Web sites to see if that is all you would
    >> need; I don't recall anyone commenting about actually doing it.

    > It cannot be done on a locked iphone. unlocked iphones as explained are
    > not covered by the warranty. Are you Mitch one of those apple salesmen who
    > join forums and subversively promote apple shit. I think you are.

    Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?
    Maybe XP is configured to block Apple salesmen?
    Mitch obviously fell for the hype and spent a lot of money on a
    girly iPhone for teenagers, oh well never mind, he at least likes it.

    ded, Jan 16, 2008
  12. brenda

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-01-16, ded <> wrote:
    > "Big Hooters" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <n8Mij.28802$>, brenda
    >>> <> wrote:

    [...]

    > Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?
    > Maybe XP is configured to block Apple salesmen?

    [...]

    Mitch posts using RoadRunner. RoadRunner has a long-standing problem with
    some of its customers' accounts being used to post large volumes of
    'flooding', 'sporge', and 'hipcrime-like' garbage to newsgroups. You read
    using AIOE. It seems that AIOE has chosen to defend his servers and
    users from the abuse coming via RoadRunner, simply by blocking everything
    coming from RoadRunnner. So you don't see Mitch's posts. (Some people
    are so fed up with all the rubbish being posted using AIOE that they block
    everything posted via AIOE so they don't see your posts).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 16, 2008
  13. brenda

    Guest

    "ded" <> wrote:

    >Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?

    The post was an odd one, Mitch quoted you, but replied to Brenda. I
    had to read every message to see who he quoted.

    From: Mitch <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    --

    High Resolution Photo of Mercury
    http://tinyurl.com/237599 (jpg)

    , Jan 16, 2008
  14. brenda

    ded Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2008-01-16, ded <> wrote:
    >> "Big Hooters" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Mitch" <> wrote in message

    > [...]
    >
    >> Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?
    >> Maybe XP is configured to block Apple salesmen?

    > [...]
    >
    > Mitch posts using RoadRunner. RoadRunner has a long-standing problem with
    > some of its customers' accounts being used to post large volumes of
    > 'flooding', 'sporge', and 'hipcrime-like' garbage to newsgroups. You read
    > using AIOE. It seems that AIOE has chosen to defend his servers and
    > users from the abuse coming via RoadRunner, simply by blocking everything
    > coming from RoadRunnner. So you don't see Mitch's posts. (Some people
    > are so fed up with all the rubbish being posted using AIOE that they block
    > everything posted via AIOE so they don't see your posts).
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    I wondered why I was feeling so lonely.

    ded, Jan 16, 2008
  15. brenda

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-01-16, <> wrote:
    > "ded" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?

    > The post was an odd one, Mitch quoted you, but replied to Brenda. I
    > had to read every message to see who he quoted.
    >
    > From: Mitch <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Too much uncorrected top-posting going on for some posts to be at all
    clear.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 16, 2008
  16. brenda

    ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "ded" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Why didn't Mitch's posts show up for me, I can't see his post?

    > The post was an odd one, Mitch quoted you, but replied to Brenda. I
    > had to read every message to see who he quoted.

    I think some posters follow each other around groups just to argue
    with each other, but I can't see some of this one and I'm feeling
    excluded, was it a good argument?

    ded, Jan 17, 2008
  17. brenda

    Guest

    Judge for yourself http://tinyurl.com/yuhpbv

    --

    High Resolution Photo of Mercury
    http://tinyurl.com/237599 (jpg)
    Source: http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/mer_flyby1.html

    , Jan 17, 2008
  18. brenda

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Big Hooters
    <> wrote:

    > > Obviously, you can ignore silly nonsense like the rant shown; it's
    > > mostly wrong, makes stupid conclusions, and chooses to spout off
    > > attitudes and propaganda-for-dummies rather than information.
    > > This moron works too hard to make criticisms, and apparently doesn't
    > > understand the device at all.
    > >

    > I understand the device and it is shit.

    Then you clearly don't understand it; at least, everyone knowledgable
    in the world seems to think that's entirely wrong.

    > > It's a very decent phone with very decent features and an impressive,
    > > enjoyable, and very well-designed set of features. If you want a good
    > > music player, a great video player, a fantastic image browser, a very
    > > good internet device, basic PDA functions, and a stylish phone, the
    > > iPhone is a GREAT choice.

    > No it's not. there are far better choices at half the price.

    Okay; name ANY such device that has the features I named and AT LEAST
    55 percent of the screen res.
    The screen is the reason for the cost -- and there are many devices
    (not all phones!) that have similar screens and functions, but which
    are all more expensive.
    Only an idiot would ignore one of the most obvious and expensive
    components are compare the iPhone to cheap 160x160 pixel phones.

    > > I expect you'll have no problem changing SIMs. Yes, it has a SIM slot.
    > > But you'd better check the Web sites to see if that is all you would
    > > need; I don't recall anyone commenting about actually doing it.

    > It cannot be done on a locked iphone. unlocked iphones as explained are not
    > covered by the warranty. Are you Mitch one of those apple salesmen who join
    > forums and subversively promote apple shit. I think you are.

    No, and you'd be a fool to think so, since I wasn't specifically
    promoting that, just that they ignore people with extreme attitudes
    like yourself.

    Mitch, Jan 17, 2008
  19. brenda

    Mitch Guest

    In article <fmlntl$bmj$>, ded <> wrote:

    > Maybe XP is configured to block Apple salesmen?
    > Mitch obviously fell for the hype and spent a lot of money on a
    > girly iPhone for teenagers, oh well never mind, he at least likes it.

    I am not suggesting anyone buy iPhone. I didn't.
    And no, it isn't 'girly' or for teenagers.

    I was replying to help Brenda avoid the stupidity of extreme comments
    that were made by a fool with an attitude problem.
    The fool seemed to think that just not wanting an iPhone was the same
    as needing to criticize it with lies and extreme exaggerations.

    This is a "help" group; accurate information is great, and opinions
    might be useful, but lies and intentional FUD are neither useful nor
    smart.
    Anyone writing that should be ashamed.

    Mitch, Jan 17, 2008