    want to annoy anyone out there; at least not on purpose.

    Thanks,

    Pavel
    Pavel, Apr 9, 2007

  2. "Pavel" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > I finally took the 70-272 and passed! I found it to be a bit more difficult
    > than 271, but not too much so.
    >
    > Okay, so here's my question. I have heard of a new mcdst certification that
    > will cover VISTA and have seen some general comments about it, but could
    > someone please give me the exact details? Is there a test, not in beta, that
    > I could take to extend my MCDST cert to vista?
    >
    > If the info is there and I haven't found it, I'm sorry for asking. I don't
    > want to annoy anyone out there; at least not on purpose.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Pavel

    The information you are requesting is located here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx. The
    link is actually featured on MCDST Microsoft Learning Page. The upgrade
    exam, 71-621 is not live as of yet. Please understand me when I say that
    you need experience with Vista to successfully negotiate this exam.
    Congratulations on passing your MCDST.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Thanks! Appreciate your info and will check it out.

    I don't plan on taking it until I'm comfortable with Vista, so it may be a
    while.

    Pavel

    Pavel, Apr 9, 2007
  4. Pavel

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Pavel" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks! Appreciate your info and will check it out.
    >
    > I don't plan on taking it until I'm comfortable with Vista, so it may be a
    > while.
    >
    > Pavel
    >
    > "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
    >
    >> "Pavel" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > I finally took the 70-272 and passed! I found it to be a bit more
    >> > difficult
    >> > than 271, but not too much so.
    >> >
    >> > Okay, so here's my question. I have heard of a new mcdst certification
    >> > that
    >> > will cover VISTA and have seen some general comments about it, but
    >> > could
    >> > someone please give me the exact details? Is there a test, not in
    >> > beta, that
    >> > I could take to extend my MCDST cert to vista?
    >> >
    >> > If the info is there and I haven't found it, I'm sorry for asking. I
    >> > don't
    >> > want to annoy anyone out there; at least not on purpose.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Pavel

    >> The information you are requesting is located here:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx. The
    >> link is actually featured on MCDST Microsoft Learning Page. The upgrade
    >> exam, 71-621 is not live as of yet. Please understand me when I say that
    >> you need experience with Vista to successfully negotiate this exam.
    >> Congratulations on passing your MCDST.
    >> --
    >> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    >> The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    >> CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Congratulations on becoming an MCDST Pavel!

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Pavel

    Pavel Guest

    Thanks, IT Girl!

    Next stop; MCSA. The first test I took was the 70-270, so I need to take
    290 and 291. Two more to go, for now.

    Would anybody care to share their wisdom and experience about the best way
    for me to proceed? Best study materials, materials I should avoid, etc...

    Thanks

    Pavel

    Pavel, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Pavel

    catwalker63 Guest

    Pavel piffled away vaguely:

    > Thanks, IT Girl!
    >
    > Next stop; MCSA. The first test I took was the 70-270, so I need to take
    > 290 and 291. Two more to go, for now.
    >
    > Would anybody care to share their wisdom and experience about the best way
    > for me to proceed? Best study materials, materials I should avoid, etc...
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Pavel

    The best study material in the whole world is the product.

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Apr 10, 2007
  7. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > Pavel piffled away vaguely:
    >
    > > Thanks, IT Girl!
    > >
    > > Next stop; MCSA. The first test I took was the 70-270, so I need to take
    > > 290 and 291. Two more to go, for now.
    > >
    > > Would anybody care to share their wisdom and experience about the best way
    > > for me to proceed? Best study materials, materials I should avoid, etc...
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Pavel
    > >

    > The best study material in the whole world is the product.

    Amen. Experience is the key to certifications.

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 10, 2007