    I used the MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support
    Technician Study Guide (70-271 and 70-272) by SYBEX and
    would recomend it.

    Kevin Wright, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Kevin Wright

    Dave Guest

    "Kevin Wright" <> wrote in message
    news:271301c51da1$6b19a4b0$...
    >I used the MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support
    > Technician Study Guide (70-271 and 70-272) by SYBEX and
    > would recomend it.

    Congratulations.
    For others considering this route, could you tell us what your level of
    experience is ie have been working in the field for x-months/years doing xyz
    and just needed to find out which areas to concentrate on etc ... You found
    certain chapters useful/not needed because ...

    While I appreciate it might take some time to do, I'm sure others will thank
    you for it.

    tia.

    Dave.

    Dave, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Kevin Wright

    Guest Guest

    I have been in software support now for 4 years after
    being a hardware engineer, We started installing and
    supporting Windows 2000 about 2 1/2 years ago and started
    installing and supporting Windows XP about 1 ½ years ago.
    We also Support Office 97 and 2003. I go out to the user
    to resolve all sorts of issues from PC to network, mainly
    fixing problems with bespoke software. I also do a turn
    on phone support.

    So although this background did help me greatly to pass
    these exams I still needed to read the book,
    concentrating on share issues, access to resources, IE
    security and settings and Outlook express. The Sybex book
    does not go into great detail about a lot of the subjects
    but it give you the knowledge you need to pass these
    exams.

    I hope this helps anyone that is planning on sitting
    these exams and I wish you all the best.

    Kevin Wright

    Guest, Mar 7, 2005