    achieved the MCAD.

    Now has anyone recently passed the 229? What study
    material do you suggests. Thanks.
    Jackie, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Jackie

    Guest Guest

    Pls need some help and info

    Please i needed some info.

    Did u take any practice tests after studying book.I am
    preparing for my very first exam.305

    Any information will be appreciated.Thanks.

    this

    Guest, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Jackie

    psinyc Guest

    congradulations, how was 70-320 compared to 315 and 316?
    Pete

    psinyc, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Jackie

    Jackie Guest

    Hi Pete,
    as you know, I took 315 then 320 then 316. That order
    worked for me because 315 is asp.net and web services
    which set me up well for the services and components. Alot
    of 320 was a review and more in-depth information that was
    in 315 with addition stuff about the CLR search paths and
    COM and COM+. Then 316 was just a review of much of 315
    (without asp.net) and 320 plus the printing and drawing
    thrown in.

    The exam for 316 read alot like 315. I don't think I got
    any printing or drawing questions on mine. Mostly ADO.net
    which was covered in 315. But then again, I didn't get a
    really high score so maybe I wasn't reading the questions
    very well.

    Good luck! Which did you decide to do next? I'm going to
    tackel Viera's Professional SQL Server 2000 book and I
    think I'll get the transcender test for 70-229. I plan on
    taking about 2 months(1 month to go through the book, then
    the practice tests, then re-study as necessary) for this
    one instead of the 2 and 3 weeks that I did for the other
    3 tests. I did those from 1/10 to 4/3 Just under 3 months.

    Jackie

    Jackie, Apr 4, 2004
  5. Jackie

    Jackie Guest

    Pls need some help and info

    You, or anyone else for that matter, has to have a good
    understanding of how you learn best and of course your
    available resources. I read Amit Kalani's books, did the
    examples/labs, end of chapter review and exam questions,
    end of book exam and practice exam on the CD. I did do the
    free skills assessment tests on Microsoft (links to
    measureup) but I did not review the subject matter because
    of the results of either the CD or measureup. I just kinda
    did them to do them. I did no transcenders and I had no
    prior experience with .NET, no ADO or ASP or C#(I do have
    good C++ work experience) but I am also a fast learner, a
    discipline learner, and had always been an A student in
    school and college, not to mention not lacking in self-
    confidence/bravery (that goes a looonnnggg way).

    I'll be more cautious in attempt of 229 and 300 though and
    take a bit more time and (now that I'm working) get the
    transcenders practice tests for those.

    Jackie

    Jackie, Apr 4, 2004
  6. Jackie

    Guest Guest

    Pls need some help and info

    Thanks ..That info helps a lot...

    Guest, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Jackie

    Guest Guest

    hi,
    i would like to take test 316.how to prepare for that?
    pls.... give me suggestions.thanx in advance. waiting for
    u r reply.

    Guest, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Jackie

    Jiang Guest

    Congratulations for both of you.

    Jackie, may I ask what's your background and experience.
    It's really suprising that you passed 3 exams in 3 months
    and I hope I can do it too.

    BTW, did you use any books and/or test software for
    preparing 315, 320, 316?

    Jiang

    Jiang, Apr 12, 2004
  9. Jackie

    TC Guest

    I passed 316 - How did you prepare?

    Jackie,

    I just took the 70-229 exam and failed. I scored a 514
    with a passing score of 700. What does that mean? How
    close was it? Is a max 1000? Whatever.

    How did you prepare for 316 and pass?
    I read the Microsoft Press MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA SQL Server
    2000 Self-Paced training kit and did all of the
    exercises. I get all of the questions right on the
    readiness review pre-test, and I paid for the MeasureUp
    pre-test and get all of their questions right too.

    I feel frustrated and like I've thrown away nearly $250
    and now I can't even see why I missed the exam questions.

    I don't want this to happen again and I still have all
    three exams to go before I earn my MCAD.

    Do you have any reccomendations?

    Thanks,
    TC
    TC, Apr 14, 2004
  10. Jackie

    Mcad Guest

    Congratulation!

    I just begin to study my MCAD. Could you share some good
    web sites to prepare this certification?

    Thank you!

    Mcad, Apr 26, 2004