I.P. Address

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Diehard16, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Diehard16

Diehard16

Hello Guy, I was looking at my Internet I.P. Address under Network Connections and could never remember seeing this one before.I looked it up and it belongs to Linksys I guess because I am in a Motel and the Manager ran an Ethernet Cable down the Balcony and into my room.Am I not right in saying that the other end of the Ethernet goes right into his Router.If his Security is Enabled would I not be protected as good as I would if I were at homee ? I am curious as to how this affects my Privacy/Security Online or does it.I was harrassed terribbly by an ISP before or somebody who had remote control over my Computer.This Motel Mamager has lied and lied already.He said the reason I could not get Channel 11 on Comcast/ or Charter ,COMCAST is because they were up grading it and adding HBO,Etc to it and it would be back up in 5-6 days.The Channel 11 (preview guide that is) The way I have been told by some family members of mine is that in order to get the preview guide,etc, you have to pay more for an upgraded package.Has anybody heard anyhing about this ? I got up the other morning and low and behold MSN was listed as a Local Connection.HOW could this have happened ? The Manager told me the other day that the Internet was Cable now through Comcast.Well I had a D-Link Cable Modem and Installed it with the disc.It had an I.P. Address that looked familiar but still was the same ISP provider.Finally after it worked a while the only way I could keep a Connection was to plug the Ethernet Wire he had run to my room into the back of the Computer.I know it is a DSL connection.Another thing I have and I have never seen it and am curious as to how it happened and if I can correct it.Under the "All Programs) Menu ,then under C.P. I have "Add/Remove Programs" listed twice.Has anybody ever ran across this ? I truly do appreciate any help that is offered,advice,etc, and would be most grateful.Gid Bless ! Diehard16
    Diehard16, Mar 26, 2010
    1. Advertising