    computer backup--no movies. Can I expect it to give satisfactory
    performance, or should I expect it to burn, like, 1-out-of-5 successfully?
    Thx for the advice. s

    sdlomi2, Feb 22, 2005

  2. sdlomi2

    Ferentz4Pres Guest

    sdlomi2 wrote:
    > Staples has an 'Easy Rebate' deal on this 1DVD16DD burner--2-layer &
    > 16x+/- performance. All for $40 US. I need one primarily for MP3's

    and
    > computer backup--no movies. Can I expect it to give satisfactory
    > performance, or should I expect it to burn, like, 1-out-of-5

    successfully?
    > Thx for the advice. s

    I bought this burner last week from Target (for $99). I've burned 10
    DVD's (Imation) and I've made 2 coasters. I'm thinking it was a
    problem with the media, because the burn hadn't started yet before it
    failed.

    So far I'm pleased enough with the performance. I can burn a full DVD
    in 9 minutes on 8x speed with an Athlon XP 1700+ CPU.

    Ferentz4Pres, Feb 22, 2005