    using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
    2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
    conflict, what is this conflict
    jl, May 26, 2005

  2. jl

    Paul Cuffe Guest

    Sounds like a program with com port 2, do you have a modem installed or
    something like that?

    Paul.

    Paul Cuffe, May 26, 2005

  3. jl

    John Holmes Guest

    "Paul Cuffe" <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.

    --
    Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus in
    the gutter.
    John Holmes, May 26, 2005
  4. jl

    Paul Cuffe Guest

    What is your problem? the IO ports 2f8 is a normal com port

    p.

    Paul Cuffe, May 26, 2005
  5. jl wrote:

    > using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
    > 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
    > conflict, what is this conflict

    You may want to change the ioport for (one of) your serial device(s) in
    bios, or disable it if not needed.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, May 26, 2005
  6. jl

    John Holmes Guest

    "Paul Cuffe" <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > p.
    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Cuffe" <> blabbered in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Sounds like a program with com port 2, do you have a modem installed
    >>> or something like that?

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You ****.
    >>>
    >>> Paul.
    >>> "jl" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> --
    >> Your mother was a lice-infested compulsive liar who ran a flea-circus

    in
    >> the gutter.

    <top-posting corrected>

    > What is your problem? the IO ports 2f8 is a normal com port

    You're the one having problems. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like a
    program with com port 2" and the OP is referring to a BIOS error message.

    --
    Your mother was a quarrelsome lunch room attendant who ran a bogus
    university in a small tent.
    John Holmes, May 26, 2005
  7. jl

    Paul Cuffe Guest

    a bios setup problem, you can setup the ports in bios, and if you miss-set
    them, or if a modem ect auto-sets itself to something that is already setup
    on bios, then you will get a error message like this,

    Paul.

    Paul Cuffe, May 26, 2005
  8. jl

    Plato Guest

    jl wrote:

    > using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
    > 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
    > conflict, what is this conflict

    2F8 is a serial port address for generally com2. In other words, if you
    have a hardware modem set with jumbers to com2 and com2 is also enabled
    in the bios you may see that message as 2 devices are trying to use 2F8.

    A power surge may have set your bios to defaults. See if Serial 2/ com2
    is Enabled in the bios. One may disable it there, which disables any
    device connected to the com2 port on the back of your pc, if any.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 26, 2005