    --
    Raven~
    "Insert good quote here" --Someone Smarter Than Me
    Raven, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Raven" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I was looking into some of CompTIA's certifications and thought
    > about
    > getting the i-Net+, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this is
    > something actually worth getting? I am currently taking college for
    > Information Technology and I have wanted to get some certifications
    > for my resume. I have been putting the A+ off for awhile just because
    > I'm afraid to throw down the money and then fail, even though I'm sure
    > I wouldn't....but there's always that doubt.
    > I figured the Network+ and Server+ would be good to have also, but
    > I'm
    > not sure about the i-Net+, whether it is really a needed
    > certification.

    IMHO, a certification looks good on the resume don't let anyone kid you on
    that. The main thing I look at a certification for is that it gives you the
    information that you don't get otherwise. You can say I know I have seen
    something about this and it can be applied in a problem resolution. You may
    not know everything but the certification may give you a clue about the
    information needed to complete a task. It's not what you know but do you
    know how to find the information when you need it. The certification
    exposes that information to you.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 19, 2004

  3. certs are worthless these days.
    Developwebsites, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    ATSPAM (Developwebsites) wrote in

    > certs are worthless these days.

    I don't think so and I'll respect anyone who takes the time to get one. It
    shows me that he or she has initiative and will go the extra mile. I'll
    hire that person over you any day of the week.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Raven

    Thagor Guest

    "Raven" <> wrote in

    > I was looking into some of CompTIA's certifications and thought
    > about
    > getting the i-Net+, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this is
    > something actually worth getting? I am currently taking college for
    > Information Technology and I have wanted to get some certifications
    > for my resume. I have been putting the A+ off for awhile just because
    > I'm afraid to throw down the money and then fail, even though I'm sure
    > I wouldn't....but there's always that doubt.
    > I figured the Network+ and Server+ would be good to have also, but
    > I'm
    > not sure about the i-Net+, whether it is really a needed
    > certification.

    Certs make excellent bullets on the resume but are enhanced greatly with
    a little hands on to back them up. The A+ is a good starter so check out
    the local adult tech school (Votech) for maybe a night class that will
    assist you in getting the cert done. They may also help you get some
    volunteer time in at local computer shops. A recommendation from them
    would go very well with the cert.

    Of course if you have hands on exposure already then the more certs the
    better. Good luck and hang in there!
    Thagor, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Raven

    Plato Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > I don't think so and I'll respect anyone who takes the time to get one. It
    > shows me that he or she has initiative and will go the extra mile. I'll
    > hire that person over you any day of the week.

    Many employers still put more weight on certifications over hands on
    experience. And many you wont even get past the human resources cut list
    without certs even if you've been doing the business for years on your
    own.
    Plato, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Raven

    Wizard Guest

    I've been in the PC business now for 12 years and NEVER once has anyone
    asked me about Certifications!

    Wizard, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Raven

    Thor Guest

    Nor I. But the value of certs on a resume when applying for an IT job cannot
    be denied. They are typically a mandatory prerequisite for such jobs. So It
    really just depends on what one plans to do in life, as to whether they are
    worthless. Worthless to you and I as independent businessmen/techs, no
    doubt. Nobody has ever asked me if I'm certified in any capacity. They just
    care that the job gets done and done correctly.

    Thor, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Wizard <> wrote in news::

    > I've been in the PC business now for 12 years and NEVER once has anyone
    > asked me about Certifications!
    >
    > Developwebsites wrote:
    >>
    >> certs are worthless these days.

    As for me being a programmer in today's environment, that MCSD, MCAD, or
    MCP in .Net solutions means a lot. As a matter of fact if one went into a
    consulting firm to be a consultant and didn't have that MCSD or MCAD, many
    firms will make you get one on company time so that you are marketable.

    The Top 100 company I work for now, pick me up lock stock and barrel and
    move me to the Corporate Offices and paid me top $$$$ because I had the 25
    years plus of experience and that time and the MCP at the time.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Duane Arnold wrote:
    > Wizard <> wrote in news::
    >
    >> I've been in the PC business now for 12 years and NEVER once has
    >> anyone asked me about Certifications!
    >>
    >> Developwebsites wrote:
    >>>
    >>> certs are worthless these days.

    > As for me being a programmer in today's environment, that MCSD, MCAD,
    > or MCP in .Net solutions means a lot.

    Yes, it means a lot. It means you spend your food vouchers on worthless
    certificates to vainly cover up the fact that you're a skill-less
    fuckhead...

    "Hey, look at me, Mister Employer, Sir! I have these certificates and they
    mean a lot! Just don't ask me anything tecknikal, ok?"
    Samuel Meadows, Oct 21, 2004
  11. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Samuel Meadows <-full-narcoleptic-boar-pig.org>
    wrote in

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> Wizard <> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> I've been in the PC business now for 12 years and NEVER once has
    >>> anyone asked me about Certifications!

    >> As for me being a programmer in today's environment, that MCSD, MCAD,
    >> or MCP in .Net solutions means a lot.

    > Yes, it means a lot. It means you spend your food vouchers on
    > worthless certificates to vainly cover up the fact that you're a
    > skill-less fuckhead...
    >
    > "Hey, look at me, Mister Employer, Sir! I have these certificates and
    > they mean a lot! Just don't ask me anything tecknikal, ok?"

    It's a typical vindictive cow's BS move. It's pitiful and you're pitiful!
    It's time for the couch and your Prozac pill *dear*! ;-) The truth hurts
    doesn't to have you running around like this.

    What a *cow* you are and what a *maron*!

    LOL

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 21, 2004
  12. Raven

    Alun Berger Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > Samuel Meadows
    > <-full-narcoleptic-boar-pig.org> wrote in
    >
    >> Duane Arnold wrote:

    >>> As for me being a programmer in today's environment, that MCSD,
    >>> MCAD, or MCP in .Net solutions means a lot.

    >> Yes, it means a lot. It means you spend your food vouchers on
    >> worthless certificates to vainly cover up the fact that you're a
    >> skill-less fuckhead...
    >>
    >> "Hey, look at me, Mister Employer, Sir! I have these certificates and
    >> they mean a lot! Just don't ask me anything tecknikal, ok?"
    >>

    > It's a typical vindictive cow's BS move.

    That you don't deny any truth in the accusation against you is very telling,
    don't you think?

    Don't answer that question. You can't think.
    Alun Berger, Oct 21, 2004
  13. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Alun Berger <-evergreen-boar-pig.org> wrote in

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> Samuel Meadows
    >> <-full-narcoleptic-boar-pig.org> wrote in

    >>> Yes, it means a lot. It means you spend your food vouchers on
    >>> worthless certificates to vainly cover up the fact that you're a
    >>> skill-less fuckhead...
    >>>
    >>> "Hey, look at me, Mister Employer, Sir! I have these certificates
    >>> and they mean a lot! Just don't ask me anything tecknikal, ok?"
    >>>

    >> It's a typical vindictive cow's BS move.

    > That you don't deny any truth in the accusation against you is very
    > telling, don't you think?
    >
    > Don't answer that question. You can't think.

    <snip>

    > Wizard <> wrote in news::

    > I've been in the PC business now for 12 years and NEVER once has anyone
    > asked me about Certifications!
    >
    > Developwebsites wrote:
    >>
    >> certs are worthless these days.

    > As for me being a programmer in today's environment, that MCSD, MCAD,
    > or MCP in .Net solutions means a lot. As a matter of fact if one went
    > into a consulting firm to be a consultant and didn't have that MCSD or
    > MCAD many firms will make you get one on company time so that you are
    > marketable. The Top 100 company I work for now, pick me up lock stock
    > and barrel and move me to the Corporate Offices and paid me top $$$$
    > because I had the 25 years plus of experience and that time and the MCP
    > at the time.

    > Duane :)

    <snip>

    There is the rest the conniving *bitch* refused to post. The *cow* is a
    manipulator.

    You can always go to alt.computers and look at the entire thread. I am
    not going to look at the headers as your most likely the conniving *cow*
    K-Bitch.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 21, 2004
  14. Raven

    Den Clinton Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > There is the rest the conniving *bitch* refused to post.

    You know, it's funny, funny as in BWAHAHAHAAH, how retards put back text
    that was snipped as if doing so somehow changes the facts or somehow
    justifies an untenable position. It's symptomic of deep delusion, Duaneypoo.
    I mean, really, the original is there for anyone who wants to read it, so
    why bother?
    Den Clinton, Oct 21, 2004
  15. Raven

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Den Clinton <-rancid-heifer.org> wrote in

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> There is the rest the conniving *bitch* refused to post.

    > You know, it's funny, funny as in BWAHAHAHAAH, how retards put back
    > text that was snipped as if doing so somehow changes the facts or
    > somehow justifies an untenable position. It's symptomic of deep
    > delusion, Duaneypoo. I mean, really, the original is there for anyone
    > who wants to read it, so why bother?

    It's time to kick your sorry ass to the curb for today K-Bitch. I know that
    one comeback about the *jackass* hit *bone* K-Bitch and sent you cross NG
    post howling like a *dog*. ;-)

    Good night *Dear* it's been fun!

    LOL

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 21, 2004
  16. Duane Arnold wrote:
    > Den Clinton <-rancid-heifer.org> wrote in
    >
    >> Duane Arnold wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is the rest the conniving *bitch* refused to post.

    >> You know, it's funny, funny as in BWAHAHAHAAH, how retards put back
    >> text that was snipped as if doing so somehow changes the facts or
    >> somehow justifies an untenable position. It's symptomic of deep
    >> delusion, Duaneypoo. I mean, really, the original is there for anyone
    >> who wants to read it, so why bother?
    >>

    > It's time to kick your sorry ass to the curb for today K-Bitch. I
    > know that one comeback about the *jackass* hit *bone* K-Bitch and
    > sent you cross NG post howling like a *dog*. ;-)
    >
    > Good night *Dear* it's been fun!
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > Duane :)

    You know, you really are a sad sack of shit. Steeped in delusion, as you
    are. You think you're being smart or clever, don't you? So, what's smart or
    clever about you showing everyone that you're a total fuckwit who is devoid
    of any sense of reality, Duaneypoo?
    Stuart Conatser, Oct 21, 2004