    I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing

    The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously to
    make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me lol

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=, May 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    lowdes Guest

    Ask him if he knows about testking, then you will find out if he is a true
    a$$fu$cker!

    lowdes, May 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Lowdes... again, that sounds too much like the standard MCNGP rebuttal,
    but I'll ignore it since I want to make a few more pertinent points
    here. I'll probably get flamed for my controversial opinions, but
    that's never stopped me from expressing my views.

    1. To answer the question posed in the OP's subject line :

    There is no such rule. There can only be commonly accepted etiquette.

    2. To answer the question posed in the main message :

    Firstly, certifications are not a measure of intelligence. I believe
    they are a measure of skill.

    Secondly, It shouldn't bother you. It's his personal preference. The
    fact is that passing any MS certification will earn you the MCP
    credential, but you'll find a lot of people proudly brandishing that
    very MCP badge as if it were made of gold. So, why deny him that right
    ? Why get certifications at all, if you have to be embarassed about
    listing them ?

    I think that what matters is not what all certifications you list, but
    *where* you list them. If he uses this as his signature for official
    emails, then I wouldn't fault him for it. If however, he used it in
    informal emails to friends and family, it would be ludicrous. If he
    posted to a certification newsgroup, then he would not need to mention
    MCP, since the MCSE includes that, and most people here know this.
    However he would probably mention the MCSE. This would lend a certain
    amount of credibility to his response.

    Just today, I have completed my MCSD requirements and for all purposes,
    am a MCSD.NET. (Which for the uninformed includes MCP and MCAD.NET) But
    I won't be posting messages here with that as my signature. It's my
    personal preference to be known in these forums by my responses, rather
    than by my certifications.

    3. My Response to Lowdes :

    In my opinion, we should refrain from calling everyone who has more
    certs than us, an a$$fu$cker. By not refraining from this silly habit,
    we are maligning the very certs we want to achieve. I concede that many
    people seem to get them through illegitimate means, but that does not
    mean EVERY one gets them that way. We would be nothing but hypocrites,
    if the moment we see a certified person, we call him names and cast
    doubts on the authenticity of his certification.

    Ok, now I'm ready for the brickbats... ;-)

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    kpg Guest

    As madatwork once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > There is a person where I work that lists the following in his
    > email signature
    >
    > MCSE 2003, MCP, MCSA, Security+
    >
    > I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing
    >
    > The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously
    > to make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me

    That's stupid. Impressive, but stupid.

    kpg, May 10, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Consultant Guest

    nicely put

    Consultant, May 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    agreed.

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:16:24 -0700, "Consultant"
    <> wrote:

    >nicely put
    >
    >"lowdes" <> wrote in message
    >> Ask him if he knows about testking, then you will find out if he is a true
    >> a$$fu$cker!
    >>

    >> "madatwork" <> wrote in message
    >>> There is a person where I work that lists the following in his email
    >>> signature
    >>>
    >>> MCSE 2003, MCP, MCSA, Security+
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing
    >>>
    >>> The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously to
    >>> make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me lol

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 10, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Grep Guest

    What's the issue?

    Grep, BAMF

    Grep, May 11, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    JaR Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in news:1147270729.666321.195940
    @v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

    > In my opinion, we should refrain from calling everyone who has more
    > certs than us, an a$$fu$cker. By not refraining from this silly habit,
    > we are maligning the very certs we want to achieve. I concede that many
    > people seem to get them through illegitimate means, but that does not
    > mean EVERY one gets them that way. We would be nothing but hypocrites,
    > if the moment we see a certified person, we call him names and cast
    > doubts on the authenticity of his certification.

    Point of order, here.

    "evryone with more certs than us"?

    Um, several of our members would have a very difficult time finding
    anyone that qualified, if that were the criteria.

    An a$$fusker is a cheater. It may also be a spammer or an advocate of
    cheating. It has no bearing on the number of certs or the lack thereof.

    Furrfu!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, May 11, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Robert Moir Guest

    madatwork wrote:
    > There is a person where I work that lists the following in his email
    > signature
    >
    > MCSE 2003, MCP, MCSA, Security+
    >
    > I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing
    >
    > The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously
    > to make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me
    > lol

    While I think it is a bit stupid, there is no "rule" and it really is up to
    him. Don't let it bother you... the people who don't know any better don't
    matter, and those who do know better will enjoy him documenting his nature
    with every email.

    Robert Moir, May 11, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    JaR wrote :

    >> Point of order, here.
    >> "evryone with more certs than us"?

    >> Um, several of our members would have a very difficult time finding
    >> anyone that qualified, if that were the criteria.

    >> An a$$fusker is a cheater. It may also be a spammer or an advocate of
    >> cheating. It has no bearing on the number of certs or the lack thereof.

    That part of my post was addressed to Lowdes, not any MCNGP. I know
    they have a lot of certs. Anyway, my point was that it is not fair to
    call everyone a cheater without any evidence in that regard.

    >> Furrfu!

    Bird-flu!

    Cerebrus, May 12, 2006
  11. madatwork wrote:
    > There is a person where I work that lists the following in his email signature
    >
    > MCSE 2003, MCP, MCSA, Security+
    >
    > I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing
    >
    > The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously to
    > make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me lol

    Over here hardly anyone flaunts his certs like that. Most of us only
    use them on jobhunts.

    Jeroen
    http://wijnands.blogspot.com

    Jeroen Wijnands, May 12, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    <snipped due to extreme change of subject>
    > Bird-flu!

    Thought you guys may find this interesting.
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_48/b3961075.htm
    The FFIEC is already mandating that US banks have policy in place to deal
    with a pandemic such as avian flu. You know, so if the disease breaks out
    here and everyone's infected they'll still be able to stop at the ATM for
    beer money.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, May 12, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    JaR Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?= <> wrote in

    > There is a person where I work that lists the following in his email
    > signature
    >
    > MCSE 2003, MCP, MCSA, Security+
    >
    > I am trying to prove the Obvious, however need it in writing
    >
    > The MCSE trumps both the MCP and MCSA and he is doing this obviously
    > to make himself look intelligent to the unknowing and it bothers me
    > lol

    Every workplace has its unwitting clowns. I'm not sure why it would bother
    you. Those that would be impressed by such idiocy are of no consequence.
    Those of superior abilities that he would seek to impress know that he is a
    bufoon. Don't try to educate the goofball, appreciate the opportunity for a
    laugh at his expense.

    JaR, May 12, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    Just a thought, if he wanted to be accurate he should write:

    MCP, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSA, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSE 2003, Security+

    kpg, May 12, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > MCP, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSA, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSE 2003, Security+

    You should be shot for even thinking that

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    A+, Net+, Server+, CCNA, CCDA, Compaq/HP ASE/AIS/APS/CSC/CSE, ATS/SE, MCP,

    - Did you miss me, dear? "Yes, but I'll keep shooting!"

    Neil, May 12, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Just a thought, if he wanted to be accurate he should write:
    >
    >MCP, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSA, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCSE 2003, Security+

    you forgot to mention he's also an MCP..., oh wait a minute, no you
    never, sorry forget it.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, May 12, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    MitchS wrote :

    >> Thought you guys may find this interesting.
    >> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_48/b3961075.htm

    <snipped due to severe, drastic, excessive, flagrant, inordinate,
    out-and-out, unusual, illimitable, incalculable, infinite, profound and
    immeasurable change of subject>

    It amounted to straying off-topic, but I still decided to be courteous
    and clicked your link. Poor IE crashed instantly. Thought I'd share the
    news.

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 12, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?bWFkYXR3b3Jr?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message

    > It amounted to straying off-topic, but I still decided to be courteous
    > and clicked your link. Poor IE crashed instantly. Thought I'd share the
    > news.

    Hate your luck, but in IE7 beta 2, it worked fine.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, May 15, 2006