    I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of. It's driving me crazy.

    Thanks a ton in advance!

    Elader
    Elader, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Elader

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:25:22 GMT, "Elader" <> wrote:

    >I've been trying to finish off this logo trivia game I found at
    >http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php
    >
    >You have to guess the company the logo represents, and I've gotten all but one. I need to know what the coffee cup logo in the middle is.
    >
    >I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of. It's driving me crazy.
    >

    >Thanks a ton in advance!

    Don't think it's Sun or Java...

    http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&q=Sun java logo&btnG=Search

    Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at

    http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&q=coffee logo&btnG=Search

    Good luck :-D
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Elader

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:25:22 +0100, Elader wrote
    (in article <6Ndtg.63935$>):

    > I've been trying to finish off this logo trivia game I found at
    > http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php
    >
    > You have to guess the company the logo represents, and I've gotten all but
    > one. I need to know what the coffee cup logo in the middle is.
    >
    > I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of. It's

    > driving me crazy.
    >

    > Thanks a ton in advance!
    >
    > Elader

    Please DO NOT post to this group in HTML Please see your news client's help
    to learn how to switch to plain text. This is NOT a binaries group.

    Thank you
    Margolotta, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Elader

    Elader Guest

    My bad

    Elader, Jul 12, 2006
  5. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:02:15 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:25:22 GMT, "Elader" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been trying to finish off this logo trivia game I found at
    >>http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php
    >>
    >>You have to guess the company the logo represents, and I've gotten all but one. I need to know what the coffee cup logo in the middle is.
    >>
    >>I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of. It's driving me crazy.
    >>

    >>Thanks a ton in advance!

    >Don't think it's Sun or Java...
    >
    >http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&q=Sun java logo&btnG=Search
    >
    >Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at

    Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    abhorrent as plainly seen above.

    If you can't type sentences that are understandable, Evan, please stop
    making it a priority to slam others.

    Altie
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Elader

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:44:22 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote:

    >Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    >newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    >abhorrent as plainly seen above.
    >
    >If you can't type sentences that are understandable, Evan, please stop
    >making it a priority to slam others.

    I'll let others chime in, but I'd say my two sentences were quite
    easily understandable. Did I use shorthand? Yes. Was it
    understandable? Yes. Quite different from "hving prob with puter it
    gives error when i try to reboot it still doesnt work its been hpning
    i need a fix can u hlp pls thx"
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2006
  7. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:52:53 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:44:22 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    ><Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    >>newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    >>abhorrent as plainly seen above.
    >>
    >>If you can't type sentences that are understandable, Evan, please stop
    >>making it a priority to slam others.

    >I'll let others chime in, but I'd say my two sentences were quite
    >easily understandable. Did I use shorthand? Yes. Was it
    >understandable? Yes. Quite different from "hving prob with puter it
    >gives error when i try to reboot it still doesnt work its been hpning
    >i need a fix can u hlp pls thx"

    Shorthand? What kind of shorthand is this:

    Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at

    The sentence above is what you consider shorthand? You typed an
    incoherent sentence, Evan, own up to it. The poster in the other
    thread that you attacked for not typing up to your pristine standards
    wasn't much worse than this.

    So what, he said Windows XP 2.0. You knew what he meant, but you took
    it upon yourself to be a prick just because you thought it would be
    fun. So, I thought it would be fun to grammar slam the grammar
    slammer. You can't take it though, can you?

    You have no problem trying to make a first time poster who needed help
    more than most of the regulars in the group ever would feel stupid.
    You don't appreciate the same being done to you do you though, you
    don't feel like you deserve it. You want others to chime in to help
    you make your weak point.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 13, 2006
  8. Elader

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:07:40 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote:

    >Shorthand? What kind of shorthand is this:
    >
    >Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at
    >
    >The sentence above is what you consider shorthand? You typed an
    >incoherent sentence, Evan, own up to it. The poster in the other
    >thread that you attacked for not typing up to your pristine standards
    >wasn't much worse than this.
    >
    >So what, he said Windows XP 2.0. You knew what he meant, but you took
    >it upon yourself to be a prick just because you thought it would be
    >fun. So, I thought it would be fun to grammar slam the grammar
    >slammer. You can't take it though, can you?
    >
    >You have no problem trying to make a first time poster who needed help
    >more than most of the regulars in the group ever would feel stupid.
    >You don't appreciate the same being done to you do you though, you
    >don't feel like you deserve it. You want others to chime in to help
    >you make your weak point.

    Whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night.
    Evan Platt, Jul 13, 2006
  9. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:39:15 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:07:40 GMT, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤
    ><Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Shorthand? What kind of shorthand is this:
    >>
    >>Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at
    >>
    >>The sentence above is what you consider shorthand? You typed an
    >>incoherent sentence, Evan, own up to it. The poster in the other
    >>thread that you attacked for not typing up to your pristine standards
    >>wasn't much worse than this.
    >>
    >>So what, he said Windows XP 2.0. You knew what he meant, but you took
    >>it upon yourself to be a prick just because you thought it would be
    >>fun. So, I thought it would be fun to grammar slam the grammar
    >>slammer. You can't take it though, can you?
    >>
    >>You have no problem trying to make a first time poster who needed help
    >>more than most of the regulars in the group ever would feel stupid.
    >>You don't appreciate the same being done to you do you though, you
    >>don't feel like you deserve it. You want others to chime in to help
    >>you make your weak point.

    >Whatever makes you feel better and sleep at night.

    Okay, thanks Evan.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 13, 2006
  10. Elader

    Name Guest

    "Elader" <> wrote in message news:6Ndtg.63935$...
    I've been trying to finish off this logo trivia game I found at
    http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php

    You have to guess the company the logo represents, and I've gotten all but one. I need to know what the coffee cup logo in the middle is.

    I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of. It's driving me crazy.

    Thanks a ton in advance!

    Elader

    My first guess would be CoffeeCup HTML Editor. But that is just a guess!
    Name, Jul 13, 2006
  11. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    > Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    > newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    > abhorrent as plainly seen above.

    http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    Are you a grocer?

    (Oh, I love it when someone comments on grammar and spelling, and makes
    an error of their own. <g>)

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 13, 2006
  12. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:11:07 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >
    >> Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    >> newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    >> abhorrent as plainly seen above.

    >http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/
    >
    >Are you a grocer?
    >
    >(Oh, I love it when someone comments on grammar and spelling, and makes
    >an error of their own. <g>)

    Hey, I never claimed to be an English language professor. I simply
    disliked the way Evan cut the head off of that poor newbie for asking
    a question. So what, his grammar and spelling wasn't first rate, who
    the hell cares? I mean, other than people like you and Evan, most
    consider this group to be a help group, not a place to be critiqued on
    your letter writing skills.

    Alt
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 13, 2006
  13. Elader

    Jim Guest

    Are you from England? You and that douchebag margolotta would make a great
    pair.

    Jim, Jul 13, 2006
  14. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 04:24:15 GMT, "Jim" <pojpoj@yyycf n.net> wrote:

    >Are you from England? You and that douchebag margolotta would make a great
    >pair.

    Jim, you know the weak spots, don't you. That is one of the worst
    things someone could inquire of me. *nglandistan is not a country
    that you should lightly ask someone if they from. It is very
    insulting and demeaning to ask that.

    Alt
    --
    Altimer McDaniel of Clan Donald
    Ní h-éibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnaill
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 13, 2006
  15. Elader

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:44:22 +0100, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:02:15 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:25:22 GMT, "Elader" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've been trying to finish off this logo trivia game I found at
    >>> http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php
    >>>
    >>> You have to guess the company the logo represents, and I've gotten all but
    >>> one. I need to know what the coffee cup logo in the middle is.
    >>>
    >>> I tried Sun Java, and any combination of Sun and Java I could think of.
    >>> It's driving me crazy.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks a ton in advance!

    >> Don't think it's Sun or Java...
    >>
    >> http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&q=Sun java logo&btnG=Sea
    >> rch
    >>
    >> Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at

    > Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    > newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    > abhorrent as plainly seen above.
    >
    > If you can't type sentences that are understandable, Evan, please stop
    > making it a priority to slam others.
    >
    > Altie

    Look, if you're going to criticise someone else's grammar, make sure your own
    is pristine first - "yours" does NOT require an apostrophe. Possessive
    adjectives DO NOT require apostrophes. The only time an apostrophe is used is
    when you're referring to the subject noun directly - not when it is replaced
    with an adjective.

    So, you would write "the cat's bowl' but if you had already referenced to
    whom the bowl belonged earlier in the sentence, you would use the possessive
    adjective 'its' (no apostrophe).

    Possessive adjectives include: -

    His
    Hers
    Ours
    Theirs
    Yours
    Its

    Use 'his' as a guide. You wouldn't add an apostrophe before the 's', would
    you (well, you might) so, therefore, the rest don't require it, either.
    Margolotta, Jul 13, 2006
  16. Elader

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:14:23 +0100, Elader wrote
    (in article <3vetg.47934$>):

    > My bad

    And don't top-post, either - it breaks the flow of a thread. Please snip the
    irrelevant parts of the post to which you are replying and reply underneath
    the salient part (this is known as 'bottom-posting' and is the correct way to
    reply to posts on Usenet).

    Trouble is, you're using Outhouse Excrement which places the cursor at the
    top and you're obviously too lazy to hit the page down key to send it to the
    bottom.

    If you can't be bothered, use a logical posting device, such as SeaMonkey or
    Thunderbird, both of which are free.
    Margolotta, Jul 13, 2006
  17. Elader

    me Guest

    Can someone just answer the guy's question ?
    me, Jul 13, 2006
  18. Elader

    Elader, Jul 13, 2006
  19. Elader

    Elader Guest

    Lol... I was thinking the same thing. Still it is entertaining to say the
    least.

    Sorry for the top post. Margolotta taught me in another post about bottom
    posting etiquette, but I was too lazy to scroll to the bottom.

    I'll get it one of these times. I promise.

    Elader

    Elader, Jul 13, 2006
  20. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:15:59 +0100, Margolotta
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:44:22 +0100, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote
    >(in article <>):
    >
    >> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:02:15 -0700, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Don't think it's Sun or Java...
    >>>
    >>> http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&q=Sun java logo&btnG=Sea
    >>> rch
    >>>
    >>> Not sure who it is thought but you may find it at

    >> Wow, Evan. Your job in this group is to intimidate and correct
    >> newbies on their grammar and sentence structure, yet your's is
    >> abhorrent as plainly seen above.
    >>
    >> If you can't type sentences that are understandable, Evan, please stop
    >> making it a priority to slam others.
    >>
    >> Altie

    >Look, if you're going to criticise someone else's grammar, make sure your own
    >is pristine first - "yours" does NOT require an apostrophe. Possessive
    >adjectives DO NOT require apostrophes. The only time an apostrophe is used is
    >when you're referring to the subject noun directly - not when it is replaced
    >with an adjective.
    >
    >So, you would write "the cat's bowl' but if you had already referenced to
    >whom the bowl belonged earlier in the sentence, you would use the possessive
    >adjective 'its' (no apostrophe).
    >
    >Possessive adjectives include: -
    >
    >His
    >Hers
    >Ours
    >Theirs
    >Yours
    >Its
    >
    >Use 'his' as a guide. You wouldn't add an apostrophe before the 's', would
    >you (well, you might) so, therefore, the rest don't require it, either.

    Ugh, Americans don't have to follow those rules. That was determined
    years ago at the "Americans don't give a damn" convention on the use
    of the *nglish language. We passed a law on it, you have no say
    whatsoever in the matter.

    Alt
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 13, 2006