    login.. Please help.

    Thanks & Regards
    ShadowSong

    ShadowSong, Aug 26, 2006

  2. ShadowSong

    Shank Guest

    ShadowSong wrote:
    > Hi ppl,
    > i myself want to share a folder to my co-workers in office but... they
    > should be able read the files, they should not have access to write or
    > edit or copy the files.. is this possible???
    >
    > OS: WIN XP Pro with SP2 on all systems including mine
    > my co-workers have different login, with limited access, i have admin
    > login.. Please help.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards
    > ShadowSong

    In Windows explorer...

    right click the folder you want to share
    click Sharing and Security
    on the Sharing tab, there are options to share the folder and to give
    read/write access as required (Allow network users to change my files)

    --
    Rob

    But I've always wanted to know how to draw my own motion paths in
    powerpoint, haven't you?

    Shank, Aug 26, 2006

  3. ShadowSong

    Enkidu Guest

    ShadowSong wrote:
    > Hi ppl,
    > i myself want to share a folder to my co-workers in office but... they
    > should be able read the files, they should not have access to write or
    > edit or copy the files.. is this possible???
    >
    > OS: WIN XP Pro with SP2 on all systems including mine
    > my co-workers have different login, with limited access, i have admin
    > login.. Please help.

    What Shank says, but in addition, if you give read access you cannot
    prevent copying. A copy is essentially a read, isn't it?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 27, 2006
  4. ShadowSong