    would like a general knowledge base accross the board. So I'm looking
    to get a book that will give me enough knowledge to understand the
    basics in everything computers. Any good ideas? Thanks.

    drummer, Oct 23, 2004

  2. drummer

    drummer Guest

    Thats a newsgroup right? Thats not gonna give me step by step,
    general understandings of systems and stuff.

    drummer, Oct 23, 2004

  3. drummer

    Gordon Guest

    drummer wrote:
    > Thats a newsgroup right? Thats not gonna give me step by step,
    > general understandings of systems and stuff.

    Who are you talking to and about what? Please QUOTE the post you are
    replying to.
    Thankyou.

    Gordon, Oct 23, 2004
  4. drummer

    James Hilton Guest

    "drummer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm starting a job selling computers and computer parts to
    > businesses. I don't need to know everything about everything, but I
    > would like a general knowledge base accross the board. So I'm looking
    > to get a book that will give me enough knowledge to understand the
    > basics in everything computers. Any good ideas? Thanks.

    http://www.quepublishing.com/promotion/1626
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._books_1/103-4171864-0230254?v=glance&s=books

    Scott Mueller is president of Mueller Technical Research (MTR), an
    international research and corporate training firm. His PC hardware and date
    recovery seminars have been presented to several thousands of PC support
    professionals throughout the world, including Fortune 500 companies, U.S.
    and foreign governments, and major software and hardware corporations. Scott
    has authored many books over the last twenty years, including all previous
    editions of Upgrading and Repairing PCs, Upgrading and Repairing Laptops,
    and others within the Upgrading series.

    James Hilton, Oct 23, 2004
  5. drummer

    WebWalker Guest

    "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
    It is written for the geek.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 24, 2004
  6. drummer

    drummer Guest

    > "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
    > It is written for the geek.

    Great, but Since I don't know a lot about computers to begin with
    will a lot of it go over my head? Or is it written simple enough?
    Does he assume you knwo what a lot of things are going in, or does he
    take you through everything?

    drummer, Oct 24, 2004
  7. drummer

    James Hilton Guest

    "drummer" <> wrote in message
    > > "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" by Scott Mueller.
    > > It is written for the geek.

    > Great, but Since I don't know a lot about computers to begin with
    > will a lot of it go over my head? Or is it written simple enough?
    > Does he assume you knwo what a lot of things are going in, or does he
    > take you through everything?

    Why don't you go to a book store, and look at the book, and then decide if
    it is too complicated for you. If it is, you can start with "Computers for
    Idiots".

    James Hilton, Oct 24, 2004