    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Waylon Kenning

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Waylon Kenning, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Waylon Kenning

    Shane Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > Hi guys (and the occasional gal),
    >
    > I'm drowning in a sea of BSoDs, I think my hardware's poked (nothing
    > like a dodgy PSU to cause computing grief).
    >
    > What's the bestCPU/Mobo/Memory combo in terms of sweet spot? Athlon
    > 2400XP, half gig of ram and say an nforce 3 mobo (if possible)?
    >
    > Forgive me that I didn't want to spend half an hour researching this
    > myself, I figures a lot of people in here keep there eye on what's the
    > latest trends in price/performance, computing wise:)
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.
    > See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    You think thats bad.. Im off to buy some el cheapo ram, and cant find any
    reviews on it (meaning by the time I return someone will have read this
    post and replied that legend ram carries a crap(tm) mark :) and to avoid
    it at all costs

    Shane, Mar 9, 2006
  5. T'was the Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:51:37 +1300 when I remembered Shane
    <-a-geek.net> saying something like this:

    >You think thats bad.. Im off to buy some el cheapo ram, and cant find any
    >reviews on it (meaning by the time I return someone will have read this
    >post and replied that legend ram carries a crap(tm) mark :) and to avoid
    >it at all costs

    I always figured if it had a lifetime warranty, then it must be fine.
    I wonder how long a lifetime is though, and whether we come back for
    more than one:)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Waylon Kenning

    Shane Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > T'was the Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:51:37 +1300 when I remembered Shane
    > <-a-geek.net> saying something like this:
    >
    >>You think thats bad.. Im off to buy some el cheapo ram, and cant find any
    >>reviews on it (meaning by the time I return someone will have read this
    >>post and replied that legend ram carries a crap(tm) mark :) and to avoid
    >>it at all costs

    > I always figured if it had a lifetime warranty, then it must be fine.
    > I wonder how long a lifetime is though, and whether we come back for
    > more than one:)
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Waylon Kenning.
    > See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

    well its too late now.. :)
    Its got a 2 year warrenty..
    $40.00 for 256 Legend RAM
    Now to start saving for an AMD 64 board :)

    Shane, Mar 9, 2006
  7. Waylon Kenning

    Mercury Guest

    What are the BSOD's - why not fix the problem or is the base hardware crap?

    Mercury, Mar 10, 2006
  8. T'was the Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:51:29 +1300 when I remembered "Mercury"
    <> saying something like this:

    >What are the BSOD's - why not fix the problem or is the base hardware crap?

    Hardware damaged due to faulty/dying PSU. Might just get a laptop and
    be damned with the whole desktop thing.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.