I need help with router 1700

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by civokruk, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. civokruk

    civokruk

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi to All
    I have an old 1700 router that I am using for training along with the GNS3 simulation. Yesterday I tried to copy the flash to tftp and from tftp to flash. I did confirm to erase before installing the ios again. I was very surprise to see that the same ios could be restore to the router. Please see below for explanation.
    System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C1700 platform with 16384 Kbytes of main memory

    device does not contain a valid magic number
    boot: cannot open "flash:"
    boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C1700 platform with 16384 Kbytes of main memory

    device does not contain a valid magic number
    boot: cannot open "flash:"
    boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C1700 platform with 16384 Kbytes of main memory

    rommon 1 >
    I need help to restore the IOS and to have my router up and running again. Any help will appreciated
    Thanks again
    Kurk

    civokruk, Oct 24, 2011