I need help with inbound pots dial-peer

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jmarkotic, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. jmarkotic

    jmarkotic Guest

    Hi,
    I'm a bit confused with this dial peer, because I don't know what's is
    supposed to do (doesn't do anything, it'j just matching inbound call coming
    from PBX).
    dial-peer voice 999 pots
    incoming called-number 40..

    But then again, this dial-peer solved my problem of calls not originating
    from central loaction. If someone is interested in full story and wan't to
    help I'll be glad.
    I'm totally new to a VoIP, so I need help beacuse I have many holes in my
    VoIP knowledge. Even without going deeply into rest of the story what would
    be the purpose of the 999 dial-peer.

    In central location we have Ericsson MD100 PBX connected to AS5350 with
    HDV-E1 interface. On remote office I have 3640 connected to Ericsson
    BusinessPhone PBX.
    Calls coming from remote to central location work fine. Users can talk to
    each other.
    We have problems with calls originating from central location (AS5350) going
    to remote location.
    We discovered that if MD110 PBX isn't forwarding calling number (caller-id)
    AS5350 just drops the call without sending disconnect/release message to
    PBX.
    If calling number exists in setup message call is forwarded to destination
    and works fine.
    I'm posting some relevant parts of configuration.
    Dial plan for central location is 2..., and for remote branch is 40..

    Central location (AS5350 to MD110 PBX)
    interface Serial3/0:15
    no ip address
    isdn switch-type primary-net5
    isdn overlap-receiving
    isdn incoming-voice modem
    !
    dial-peer voice 102 pots
    destination-pattern 2...
    port 3/0:D
    prefix 2
    dial-peer voice 201 voip
    destination-pattern 40..
    session target ipv4:10.5.0.111

    Remote location (C3640-Ericsson BusinessPhone PBX)
    interface Serial3/0:15
    isdn switch-type primary-net5
    isdn overlap-receiving
    isdn protocol-emulate network
    isdn incoming-voice voice
    isdn bchan-number-order ascending

    dial-peer voice 100 pots
    destination-pattern 40..
    port 3/0:15
    prefix 40
    dial-peer voice 200 voip
    destination-pattern 2...
    session target ipv4:10.1.0.117

    Now, going back to beginning of this post. If we put dial-peer 999 that just
    only matches inbound pots dial-peer that calls can be made from central to
    remote location even without forwarding caller-id.

    jmarkotic, Oct 22, 2003

  2. "jmarkotic" <> wrote in message
    > dial-peer voice 100 pots
    > destination-pattern 40..
    > port 3/0:15
    > prefix 40
    > dial-peer voice 200 voip
    > destination-pattern 2...
    > session target ipv4:10.1.0.117
    >
    > Now, going back to beginning of this post. If we put dial-peer 999 that

    just
    > only matches inbound pots dial-peer that calls can be made from central to
    > remote location even without forwarding caller-id.

    Seems like a bug, but assing the "incoming called-number" statement to
    dialer-peer 100 may have the same affect as adding dial-peer 999.

    Dial peers do two things: They process inbound calls to decide how/whether
    to accept, and they deside where outbound calls should go. Seems that for
    some reason, dial-peer 100 will not accept a call without calledid info.
    Not sure why.

    You don't mention your IOS version, but an upgrade to the latest MAY help
    :cool:

    Phillip Remaker, Oct 22, 2003

  3. jmarkotic

    SPD Guest

    jmarkotic:

    Try using the show dialplan number <a called number> command
    to see which dialpeer should /is being matched. This assumes a
    match is even being made.

    You may also want to try debug voice ccapi inout and possibly
    debug isdn q921 /931 command to see what is happening during
    call setup. See if the called number is correct after any translations
    or number expansion is applied.

    -Steve

    SPD, Oct 23, 2003