    double clicked it, it said, "Open With..." So I restarted hoping it
    would work like a Mac startup disc it didn't. Someone please help.
    , Jun 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > Alright, I'm trying to get the 32 bit version on my computer. I'm being
    > daring and running it on minimum requirements. I have a 900mhz
    > processor (the lowest Vista can take is 800mhz) I have over 15 gigs of
    > disk space and a Nvidia G-Force MX 4000. So, I meet all the minimum
    > reqierments. I burned it to a DVD, loaded it im my DVD drive, when I
    > double clicked it, it said, "Open With..." So I restarted hoping it
    > would work like a Mac startup disc it didn't. Someone please help.

    By the way, I'm currently running ME :(
    , Jun 23, 2006

  3. Please post on the Windows Vista newsgroups. This NG is for existing 64-bit
    products. (And, BTW, with that machine your Vista experience will not be a
    good one, IMHO.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Jon_Hildrum Guest

    f you burned the Vista ISO file to a DVD then the DVD should be bootable.
    Try selecting the DVD as first boot up device

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP

    www.hildrum.com

    Jon_Hildrum, Jun 23, 2006
  5. Guest

    Jon_Hildrum wrote:
    > f you burned the Vista ISO file to a DVD then the DVD should be bootable.
    > Try selecting the DVD as first boot up device

    I tried, I wnet into BIOS and made it do that, is there another way?
    , Jun 23, 2006
  6. I like my ME. I call it Wintendo. :)

    If you are getting Open With then lets review.

    You create the DVD by "burning image to disk." Do not perform any
    operations on the downloaded image file such extracting or creating a data
    disk or anything like that.

    Some pointers: Burn the dvd at a low speed. MS recommends 2x or 4x. MS is
    saying that they are getting many reports of file write errors and have
    traced the problem to burn speeds used (in most cases).

    I found that burning on the same drive I was going to install Vista from
    resolved an issue I got when burning the dvd on the helper computer.

    If you want to retain ME, install Vista to a different drive or partition.

    You will not be able to start the installation from the ME desktop (nor will
    you be able to use an upgrade scenario) so you will need to boot the
    computer with the dvd to start Setup.

    You cannot install Vista on a FAT32 partition but you can format the target
    drive (NTFS only) using the advanced options in Vista setup (you will see a
    button when they are available).

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Please see my other reply. You did not make a bootable dvd. If you had,
    you would not have seen "Open With" (for files). You would have seen the
    "What do you want to do" box with options like Play in WMP, etc.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006